Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userIUCKyDYAC9
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm up for a class action lawsuit against them. I'm sure most people in this thread would be. I think we should do it. Samsung clearly doesn't care we are having issues.

userp4wGgeGBYQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  The dishwasher has excessive moisture after running a cycle and smells like a dead body.  Model DW80J7550UG, purchased November 2016.

Has anyone received a refund and/or replacement from Samsung?

usershYFmK4lA8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I completely agree.
userdf7vqQe1Sv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem of an awful fish smell between washes.  Model #DW80K7050UG.  It is about 3 months old.  Are there more parts to the filter assembly other then the large screen, plastic sleeve and the micromesh basket? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can certainly understand the frustrations, as far as the Filter assembly you can find steps here: http://bit.ly/2rm367e

Cleaning and Odor Removal tips can be found here: http://bit.ly/2qn8iaI

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user128JgdeoQQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still don't understand why we have to go through all these steps. I had a Maytag for 17 years and never had an issue. I actually didn't want to get a Samsung , but my husband insisted. Can I return this? Only had it for a week.

user857bveHPIc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is ridiculous that after so many people complaining about the same issue that all Samsung can come back with is here are cleaning tips and you must maintain your dishwasher and perhaps it's a plumbing issue.  This is a joke and insulting to the consumers who bought Samsung dishwashers.  We've all had other brands of dishwashers and never had the smell problem.  When is Samsung going to acknowledge a problem and do something to fix this?  I for one will never buy a Samsung dishwasher again and I'll tell all my friends to stay away from Samsung dishwashers.  

userZxyijaTMOh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. My dishwasher is less than a month old (I've probably used it 3 times since having it). Even when completley empty I open the door and it smells rotten. This can't be normal.

I've also noticed that after running it there is always some moisture/water inside that my previous dishwasher never had. Could it be developing mold from not drying somewhere inside? 

At this point I would rather hand wash dishes than open that machine anymore.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide the full model number of your device? Have you tried all the things suggested here? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersiZQAKYd7r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And another one to this list  and ours is only 4 weeks old! We spent $9,000 on the full suite. Can Samsung please respond to why so many of us are having the same issue? Clearly it is more than just needing to be cleaned. The fact that it runs for 2.5 hours then needs more time to clean the machine after is CRAZY! Oh and as for cracking the door, well it pops open at the end of the cycle. All makes zero sense. Time for a better answer. It is a smart dishwasher that stinks. Maybe time to pause on the tech stuff and focus on functionality and customer satisfaction. I am sadly disappointed. 

Model DW80M9