cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhZWK3SnChD
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dishwasher smells so awful that the entire house is unbearable! We noticed it immediately after purchase and never could put our finger on where the smell was coming from until now. We rinse, we don't leave anything in there dirty OR clean longer than one day and we have run the sanitize and clean cycle multiple times!! I can't even leave ONE dish in there overnight without the entire house smelling like a trash can! It's beyond unacceptable!! Make it right Samsung!! 

-Grossed out in Selbyville,DE

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhZWK3SnChD: Could you provide the model of the dishwasher?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

WJCFerguson
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm chiming in, as yet another user of a DW80J3020 (DW80J3020UW specifically) that smells like death.

Problems began from the beginning.  We wash it frequently but the smell builds up over the next couple of washes.   Given that the brand new washer started stinking within days, it's hard to see how cleaning does anything other than temporary relief.

Definitely no problems with waste disposal unit.  Have never had a problem with previous washers - it's definitely specific to this particular dishwasher.

Highlighted
UnhappyUser_14
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So disappointed!!   This dishwasher smelled after the first  day!  It was expensive but had decent reviews so we switched from Whirlpool to Samsung.  What a huge mistake that we will be regretting for as long as we have this dishwasher.    

I ran a test wash with NO DISHES and the stink came back on the 2nd day!  It is definitely a design flaw where the water is not being completely pumped.   Should have stuck with Whirpool.  Will never buy Samsung again!   

Model DW80K705oUG 

S/N <HIDDEN>

FYI - I am not talking about a little odor.  The stench is really, really bad like a dead animal!  No one wants to put the dishes in the dishwasher anymore.  It's ridiculous.

UnhappyUser_14
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dishwasher is only 4 weeks old?  Any chance of a refund?   Please......

Model DW80K7050UG S/N <Hidden>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@UnhappyUser_14: A technician would need to evaluate the dishwasher.  You could also check with your retailer to see what their policy on returns may be.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

UnhappyUser_14
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Plumber has already checked the drain hose is installed properly.  I even removed the dishwasher in case there was a dead animal under it.  (It smelled that bad!!!).   Do you know how embarrasing it is when we have company over and someone tries to help by putting their own dish in the dishwasher?   

The return policy expired by a few days so I am left holding the bag with this smelly, defective, dishwasher that Samsung refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with.

Will start anti-Samsung social media program shortly  #WorstStenchEver if not addressed shortly

userCvZzmG8FuX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I’m hearing is that the manufacturer and the dealer won’t make good on it or resolve the problems. Did you return it or get it fixed. All of us have the same issue. Time for a class action. This stinks really. I don’t believe we have to accept it and live with it. I’m calling my dealer tomorrow. That is what insurance is for

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a peep. 

Now have discovered the waterwell wall isn’t moving so dishes are not getting clean. 

Sooooooooooo over it. 

I have been very vocal with friends and as I see complete strangers shopping for dishwashers. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Would be interested in class action.
You mention mold and builders go crazy. I know it’s different type but this nasty stuff is going on our plates and cups.

1. Has proper drain line drop
2. Doesn’t sit for days unused

There is mold and mildew growing on every plastic surface. I try and clean it monthly with as “harsh” of a chemical as I can without causing corrosion.
It is plain nasty.

There is NO way this product was tested before put out on the market. Let a busy mom try your crappy product first and this junk would have never passed inspection.