cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4NcSlm3I2u
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check the filter in the front of your dishwasher to ensure that it is tight. Not only will it eliminate the odor but make the dishwasher run more efficiently. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3zhRc1F02U
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the filter in dishwasher please

the smell is aweful.... storm dishwasher..  

userOKtFB9Qn0o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is nothing that can be done to fix the issue, if there is Samsung has not advised anyone, if they have figured it out they should be sending the information out and not giving the same list over and over again as nothing on the list works.

userUUAhc79w0s
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could not find a solution for the  smell followed the directions,cleaned everything,tightened everything. It is a flaw in the design of the energy efficient model’s.Because it was over a year from buying, they would not accept returns. I would’ve been happy to get some money back to buy a better model maybe then I would’ve stayed with Samsung, but they wouldn’t budge.  The solution in the end was to get rid of the POS. I told the new recipient the problem and gave it away, I unlike Samsung  could not make someone spend their good hard earned money on this equipment that just reeks .We bought a KitchenAid model I could not be happier. No more horrific smells in my house.No More Samsung!,Happy again!

userhayrach
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thinking of doing the same thing. Ours ALWAYS smells bad when it's in the process of being filled again. 

It's SO embarrassing when we have company that I don't even want to open it when they are anywhere near it - The smell will gag anyone!

Samsung, you have failed miserably here. Smh

userUUAhc79w0s
Asteroid

No more Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could not find a solution for the  smell followed the directions,cleaned everything,tightened everything. It is a flaw in the design of the energy efficient model’s.Because it was over a year from buying, they would not accept returns. I would’ve been happy to get some money back to buy a better model maybe then I would’ve stayed with Samsung, but they wouldn’t budge.  The solution in the end was to get rid of the POS. I told the new recipient the problem and gave it away, I unlike Samsung  could not make someone spend their good hard earned money on this equipment that just reeks .We bought a KitchenAid model I could not be happier. No more horrific smells in my house.No More Samsung!,Happy again!

Cfonty
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue! The smell that comes out of the dishwasher smells like rotting fish and the smell transfers to my dishes!! i've called the company and the customer service rep refused to address the issue. She claimed it had to do with the "physical damanage" of the machine. It's the acutal function of the machine that is not operating correctly and they refuse to service it.

I oringially purchased Samsung products (I bought a microwave, fridge, and dishwasher from Home Depot) with the idea that I was going to receive a decent product. This experience has completely changed my mind about the company and will NEVER purchase or support them again!

All I want is to get a dishwasher that operates correctly. Just replace the appliance and satify your customers.  How is that so difficult. 

smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have to hold my breath when i'm loading dishes into the dishwasher.  it stinks. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry but no one here will be able to help you if you do not provide the model number or your devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.