cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH280Y83rHL
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally started to research the problem and found this thread, and I understand everybodies issues.  Our Samsung, model DW80J3020US has had this problem as well since we moved in 5/2016 and the appliance was new by the previous owner in early 2016, it was manufactured in october 2015.

I believe the problem is probably one or a combination of issues: (1) a faulty/poor grider that should reduce the size of any debris that comes off the dishes through the wash cycle, and/or (2) an inferior pump that does not force  water out of the washer and into either the drain or the disposal.

I have not seen a single response provided by samsung that addresses or fixes the problem, which is very simple, this is a low end prodcut, poorly made, and shouldn't be sold.

Fortunately, I will never be buying another samsung product every again.

usercgTK9olKbg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dishwasher smells BAD!   Always!  Don't giv eme that clean it crap!  If you are here, you used your favorite search enginer to find "SAMSUNG smelly dishwasher".  And you are one of Thousands of people (if not 10's of thousands) who have multiple crappy Samsung dishwashers.  I have been using dishwashers for about 40 years.  Yes even filtered units.  I hav enever put bleach or TANG (are you kidding me?) in any previous 10 or so dishwashers I have owned.  If you use it nightly or even 3 times a week it should not smell. 

Never have I had a smelly dishwasher within three of four washes!  I have owned GE, Westinghouse, Sears (multiple OEMs) and many other brands in about 17 different homes.  SAMSUNG dishwashers are garbage.  Just look at consumer reports.  And with all of the Samsung failures lately, I am not surprised.  They might want to stick with TV's.  Seems to be the only product they make that doesn't smell or explode in your face!

Cowards without any power to help their own customers end up with no customers.

smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's terrible I know
userOKtFB9Qn0o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue goes away when you do a wash with sanitize but once you empty and close the door again it comes back. I thought the solution was to use the sanitize but that is only at the moment the machine stops, once you put a plate that is even washed and rinsed in the sink, it comes back the next time you open the door.

I do not have a trash disposal or anything else attached it has nothing to do with my sink, water, or moisture from wet not being dry inside,  or any other item you can think of, it is the machine. Since it was installed.

The comment about cleaning the filter does not make any sense as the filter should not be dirty or clogged when the machine was never been used. Which is everyone's issue here.

Shouldn't have to stand on your head, spin around, jump up and down or anything else, you should be able to put the dish, glass or silverware in and it should get clean and not smell  because you don't wash immediately because I have even rinsed prior to putting things in and still the issue remains.

user2azqR4wgj5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I replaced a 17 year old Kenmore with the DW80K7050US and never ever ever had to do anything... never got a smeel and never had to prerinse either.
user128JgdeoQQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and I just purchased this exact model last week. It doesn't get the dishes clean either and the smell is just horrible. Maybe I can return it if it is only a week?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That would depend on the stores policy on returns.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercqdDIgeqBN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Similar model purchased last year December 2016!!! My dishes are always wet and it smells horrible after running a load. I always preeash my dishes and it still smells like year old damp rice. Ugh!!! Why hasn’t Samsung recalled this dishwasher. It does not do what it’s suppose to. 

userk6febeYuPu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem with the dishwasher  - the smell is so bad - I've cleaned it, disinfected it, pre rinsed, used Lemishine, Cascade Complete, and now using Finish tabs.  I just cleaned it again with vinegar and baking soda.  I've wiped it down multiple times with clorox wipes.   I've taken out the spinners to make sure they are clean and unclogged.  I've taken out the racks and run a wash cycle.  My husband has removed the filter in the bottom and cleaned it many times -although it's not really the filter - still tonight another horrible disgusting lingering smell.  It has ruined every dish I have because that smell is now on my dishes and glasses.  We have model # DW7933LRABB/AA - Please do the right thing and help us and your other consumers!

Highlighted
userkCSW7Lrfw4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the Samsung DW7933LRAWW. Horrible smell and you can smell it on "clean dishes."

I also have the Samsung washer that literally comes apart on the spn cycle. (Google Samsung exploding washer.) Their resolution?  The company wants us to come up wih our own money to buy a new washer and they'll send a rebate or their "fix" which didn't have good reviews.  Have you ever heard of a company getting away with having a consumer use their own money to replace a recalled item? Even after the news coverage, they got away with it!