JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungSabrina - Your link includes the period which breaks it. =(
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! It has been updated. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thortok
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The link I linked above is now working.
userxaQBd9F7qq
Constellation

Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is "NO QUALITY" of freshnwss in the Samsung dishwasher.  No matter how many times you clean the filter, run rinse cycle when rinsed dishes are in it, or what you use to clean the dishwasher--IT STILL STINKS!   Samsung needs to make a conscious effort to replace dishwashers sold within the past 2 years-- mine included [DW80K7050UG purchased this year (2018)] and to find out why the dishwasher stinks and FIX IT.  I have owned GE and Maytag dishwashers with no problem.  I made the mistake of purchasing the SAMSUNG as a "DEAL SET" through Home Depot!  No more "SAMSUN--Deals or SAMSUNG anything" for me!! 

userxaQBd9F7qq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I am back to discuss my smelly dishwasher.  I had tried ALL the fixes suggested by Technicians and the blogs, until I came across a blog that suggested adding 2 Cups of water to the filter cavity after each wash or rinse.

THAT WORKS -- NO MORE SMELLY DISHWASHER!!

Kudos to the fellow that made this suggestion. 

Remembering to put the 2 cups of water in the filter cavity is a bit of an aggrivation but well worth the effort to be rid of the disgusting smell.   Now "IF" Samsung could develop an acceptable fix, and retrofit or replace the smelly diswashers, perhaps we would regain our faith in their products.  :-) 

userMSD7466
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly when do you add 2 cups of water?  We also have tried all known/suggested fixes and nothing yet.  

usergoJKGdSz9J
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a great Maytag dishwasher that I replaced that never had a smell in it, And I never had to do any maintainance to it.  This new Samsung dishwasher is less than a year old . And smells like it’s a hundred. Luckily I did not get rid of my old dishwasher. Guess what? It s going back in  even though it doesn’t match the pretty Samsung appliances

usergibbrp2MQ3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi folks! This isn't a reply but a comment in regards to the smelly dishwasher problem. Unfortunately, I think this is a problem with all of the newer dishwashers no matter the manufacturer. I just bought a $900 bosch and am having the same problem. It seems to me after searching the web that all of the new stainless interior dishwashers are now made with these filters at the bottom. I think that no matter what brand I go with I will have this same issue! 

userxaQBd9F7qq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchase my Samsung appliances from Best Buy. . all they care about is whether their GEEK Squad Warranty was purchased--"GEEK SQUAD"--all my appliances are all less than 1-year old!!  What a racket. .

My Samsung dishwasher is a "TOTAL" disappointment and a daily frustration.  I have to wash my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and even then within 2 days time the disgusting odor emitting from the unit is akin to vomit. . . I have read the blogs for Samsung customers complaining about the same thing. . I have even tried one Customer's suggestion of   always pouring 2 cups of water into the filter to keep the smell away -- This DOES NOT work!  When I called Samsung to get help, I was advised to purchase Citrus  "Orange" Powder to put in the filter compartment to keep the smell down.  That is laughable. . instead of offering such a rediculous fix -- Samsung needs to improve their design and "REPLACE" the dishwashers of those of who were unfortunate enough to believe that "Samsung" was the wave of the future in appliances.  As I said, all my appliances are all less than 1-year old not to mention that our 3-TVs are Samsung, so the expense to change our home from a Samsung Home to a GE, Maytag, or Anything besides a Samsung home would be prohibitive. .  Sadly the only way to get rid of this GASTLY SMELL is to get rid of the Samsung dishwasher!

userxaQBd9F7qq
Constellation

Smelly Dishwasher , , , NOT!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am "happy to announce" that I owe Samsung an apology for complaining abour my smelly dishwasher.  It was NOT their fault.  I tried the suggestion made as the "SOLVED" response identiying how to  rid the nasty smell from my Samsung dishwasher--Much to my surprose, "IT WORKED!"

Upon checking under the sink, the hose from the dishwasher did have a downward loop in the hose leading in to my garbage disposal.  After tying a plastic tie around  the hose, pulling it up, and nailing the hose  up so the water going from the dishwasher goes "down" into the garbage disposal instead of up -- the "SMELL IS GONE!! "

I have a repairperson coming to my home tomorrow-sent by Samsung, to repair the a basket adjustment lever and address the odor.   It is with great pleasure, I can tell the, Samsung Dishwasher IS NOT Smelly!!  

So sorry Samsung Manufacturer. . .