cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smelly Dishwasher , , , NOT!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxaQBd9F7qq, That is great news! Thank you for sharing this with us. Let us know if you have any other concerns. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7b7wJTr2yD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userHNJzSvghYI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve tried all the suggestions, sadly nothing works! Very disappointed samsung!

userSi3mmYv9sO
Asteroid

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See page 27.  The smell is in the under the door.

Highlighted
userUUAhc79w0s
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG it's disgusting I never had this problem with my old dishwasher. The dishes don't get dry after they are washed. The moisture stays in the dishwasher and when you put new dirty dishes in I'm assuming the moisture makes the bacteria grow and smell. I rinse off the dishes if I do anymore I might as well just wash them myself It is horrible.

userUUAhc79w0s
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely think this is a flaw in the design of my particular Samsung dishwasher. It does not dry inside enough, my dishes are aways wet when the dishes are finished. On the door it says to use rince aid to help improve drying. Hmmm why would it say that if this wasn't a known problem. I can't afford another new dishwasher and this one sucks doesn't clean well either on top of the disgusting oder that happens after a day of rinsed dirty dishes in it. By 48 hrs it is intolerable. Samsung needs to recall it. I have model DW80J3020UB/AA . You can find the sticker on the inside rim mid left side. See if yours is the same model.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userUUAhc79w0s we certainly understand the frustrations. I'm not sure of your model specifically but I am going to go out on a limb and say it's rated for High Efficiency correct? If yes, then the unit will not have a heating element to dry the dishes but rather you would need to open the door slightly to allow air to enter to dry the dishes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userOKtFB9Qn0o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have model DW80K5050US /AA 01 SAMSUNG  DISHWASHER and I have the same issue, purchased  in Oct 2016. Don't understand how all of us have the same issue.  Have purchased other brands in the past and I have never had this happen, even if there was food left on the dishes and the washer was not set for a week. This odor is there as soon as you close after emptying it.

userwYV1bN9Etr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine smells horrible even though we never put a dish with food on it in the dishwasher. So dissatisfied! Had it about 6 months. Bad mistake. 

user2xHHDsRnom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same model with the exact same problem. Have you figured out how to resolve it?