Asteroid

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same model it sucks should be recalled
userl4WfZZTlHl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay.  I'll  add my frustration with my Samsung dishwasher as well. Have had It for less then a year.  It stinks and does not wash dishes.  Definitely a flaw in the design.  Had a Samsung service person come out and checked the unit and installation.  Everything was fine.  He acknowledged that people have problems with the smell.  As far as cleaning dishes he said the dishwasher was actually more of a dish sanitizer than a dish washer.  What!!!  I'm  going to replace it because I  can stand it

being in my house any longer. 

useryk44GMRlJG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont know what difference it would make providing the model number?  It still smells.  I have all appliances of samsung.  They all suck. 

user2azqR4wgj5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung 

DW80K7050US

Same problem... stinks ... brand new... has been stinking since day one!

user2azqR4wgj5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have DW80K7050US.... stinks... its brand new, terrible fishy smell...
userNVol3VrWtY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an almost new Samsung DW80K7050UG model dishwasher and I can’t stand to open it to put in dishes.  Really, Samsung, all these posts and no real solutions?  This suite of Samsung appliances will be the LAST I will ever own.  First our refrigerator stopped working after 48 hours (thankfully the replacement works).  Now the dishwasher stinks up my whole kitchen.  I’m incredibly disappointed.  Please come up with a solution and fix our dishwashers.

userSi3mmYv9sO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its in the door!!!  I have tried everything, and I mean everything, and finally found a video that shows how to clean the bottom of the inside of the door.  Open the door up completely, and take out the bottom dish rack.  Put on a latex glove then get an old rag, wet it, and wipe the rubber thing on the bottom of the door.  Be prepared to be grossed out.  Holy Mother of Lutefisk the stinking black slime you will find.  Yuck.  Use something that kills mold and has bleach.  Once it is cleaned and rinsed, enjoy your new dishwasher.  No more smell.  Must be a design flaw that is why no one from Samsung will tell you what it is.  Hope this helps.

userLaygEyccMk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with Samsung dishwasher and It is just over one year old. It has been doing this ever since we purchased this product model number of this dishwasher is DW80K7050 serial number <HIDDEN> if you can help solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it

userIbWxG971C0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as others have described.  I have the full stainless steel version of model DW80J3020UB/AA.  I've spent over $800 dollars on plumbers changing the configuration of my piping from having it hooked up to the disposal, to directly draining to the main drain, to back to the disposal with the high-loop as directed in the user guide.  No matter what I do the smell is still there.  I have to run the dishwashwer every other day to deter the smell.  Something is not functioning right with the dishwasher as I did not have this problem with my previous dishwasher.