cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! This is happening with my Samsung dishwasher too! The odor has been there off and on and is getting worse. My Samsung is only 2 years old .I'm beyond frustrated. I had service people look at it and they don't have a reason why it smells. Everything is hooked up correctly. This is my first Samsung experience too! First impression...not so good!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the rest, same here!  Smelly dishwasher! 

Samsung Model: DW80K5050US/AA01

Have owned this one for 1 year.  We have done it all to try to get rid of the smell to no avail.  The vinegar in a bowl in the lower rack.  Adding 8 plus cups of water to the bottom so when the wash starts it pumps out the old stinky water.  Washed dishes daily.  Used sanitize for washes.  Used GLISTEN Dishwasher Cleaner Liquid and even Glisten garbage disposal cleaner.  We always very thoroughly rinse dishes before adding them to the dishwasher so the look almost clean before adding.    Did a through cleaning as manual instructed.  Did all the trouble shooting the manual recommended.  The smell is still there after 3 Heavy with High Temp and Sanitize washes!  After all that we had a Samsung authorized repair technician come out, he said there is nothing wrong with the dishwasher because no error codes showed.  I told him the dishes still smell like a wet dog, aka, bacteria and that it does not clean the dishes properly.  He repeated, there is nothing wrong with the dishwasher.  He only opened it up and looked inside and looked at the drain hose, which he said was installed properly.  Nothing else! 

I feel helpless!  Taken advantage of!  Samsung, please fix this problem! 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? Also, is the odor in your sink as well as the Dishwasher? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Michelle for replying to my post!  I don't have the previous ticket number, they never gave me one, verbally nor in an email.  I do have the present one, but don't want to post it in a public forum to be safe.  Do you have a direct email or other way for me to privetly give it to you?

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can send the information to us privately at http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution, to getting rid of dampness and bad smell in the dishwasher.

1 - Turn the dishwasher on to the  "quick" option.

2 - It will turn on and get rid of the water, should take around a minute. Touch the hose to make sure it is pumping out water.

3 - Wait till it starts pumping hot water - Under a minute.

4 - When you hear the water being pumped into the dishwasher, turn it off.

5 - Repeat step 1 and turn it to the "quick" option.

6 - When it pumps out the water turn it off completely.

This method works for me.

My dishwasher: samsung dishwasher dw80j3020us

Cheers

Robert

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RobertB: Thank you for sharing. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have brand new Samsung storm dw. Immediately after first wash, within hours a putrid smell and has only become worse. Machine is level. Do not have a disposal, drain hose is connected up near sink drain. No sag. Shouldn't have "build up". I rinse all my dishes by before loading. No food on dishes. Samsung has designed something wrong, recall is in order! Never had this problem with any washer!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the model number of the dishwasher and when was it installed?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RobertB-

Thanks for sujestions.  My model doesn't have a "quick" option.  What does this process you posted do?  i.e... cleanse the dishwasher drain hose?  I've don't similar things many times before with no success.  

I beleive what is happening is the dishwasher doesn't pump out the gray water compleltly so the dishes have gray water still on them which smells and supplies bacteria with food to bread.  Not very healthy.