cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess I have been luckier than most in that it took 1 year before the sewer smell.  I have the high loop so that isn't the problem.  I tried the sanitize/ clean, sanitize vinegar and that lasted for a day.   Looks like Matt has caught onto something. I will try to see if it's the breeding ground for bacteria he described is present.  Kudos for the engineers at Samsung for designing cleaning machine that can create a colony of bacteria which could be used as a biological weapon of mass destruction at the same time depositing this bacteria on our eating utensils.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a StormWash™ 48 dBA Dishwasher in Stainless Steel MODEL NUMBER: DW80R5060US/AA on Black Friday 11/29/2019 from Lowe's. It was installed 12/19/2019 by a professional and stated to smell after the first use. I have sprayed the inside with a  bleach cleaner spray, ran it empty with a dishwasher cleaner tab, ran it on sanatize cycle empty, wiped the inside down, the loop under the sink is good and high. Shouldn't have sludge build up under the door to stink after one use. It pops open when it's clean and even stinks when clean dishes are in it. It can be opened when empty and still smells horrible. It doesn't matter what gets done,  It stinks!  And it doesn't clean the dishes that well either!!!
I purchased ALL NEW Samsung appliances and so far the dishwasher stinks and isn't great at cleaning, the microwave doesn't heat food evenly and it takes way to long to heat small amount of food (double the time of my old microwave), and the refrigerator has been on back order since November so I don't even have it yet. I am scared to accept it at this point with the quality of parts and workmanship I have experienced from Samsung so far. I had my old GE dishwasher and microwave for over 15 years and never had an issue with smell or them not working correctly. I just wanted to update the kitchen (and these new ones do look nice) and go for the low noise rating on the dishwasher. Now I want to return everything I have purchased made by Samsung and start over with another brand. Samsung needs to recall these dishwashers and make this issue right with customers. I've had a service call and a Technician out on the brand new microwave already and he had to replace a major part and it was only a month old.  Kicker is,  it still doesn't work right either!!
If anyone can figure out a resolution to this stinking dishwasher issue please post. This has been going on for several years now based on what I can tell from researching how to resolve this issue online. And nothing is being done by the company to correct it. Maybe an attorney will be interested. If it is bacteria build up that is the issue that is a major health concern. 
Very dissatisfied and concerned consumer. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Has the dishwasher shown any error codes or blinking lights?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.