cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIUCKyDYAC9
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if I'm glad to see we are not alone, or disappointed. We have the same issue. It has smelled since day 1. I thought it might go away, but its only getting worse. My dishes don't come out smelling clean, it's so disappointing and its embarrassing as well. We also bought all Samsung products and now fully regret it.

How frustrating Samsung puts this problem on the consumer instead of taking ownership. 

We are expecting our first child in a couple weeks and there is no way I can feel good about cleaning anything for her in this machine. What a waste of money.

Samsung get your  together.

Our model is dw80k5050uw.

usershYFmK4lA8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
HELLLLOOOOO!!!! Brand new Dishwashers should NOT have a sickening odor....EVER!! Why does Samsung keep telling us how to "Clean" or "Get rid of odors" that SHOULD NOT be occurring in a dishwasher? There s obviously a serious flaw with these machines and they need to be replaced!! Shame on Samsung for doing nothing to help their trusting consumers. This is disgraceful.
userwHc8JWPpwc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See next post. 

userwHc8JWPpwc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model is #DW80J755OUG.  The smell is horrible, no matter what you do.  It reminds me of the Seinfeld smelly car episode. The door must be kept closed at all times.  I'm embarrassed to have anyone in my kitchen. The garbage disposal has no smell.  It's just the dishwasher, purchased from Jetson Appliances in Port St. Lucie, FL.  You can remove the bottom screen and see the smelly water sitting there.  I've lived with a dishwasher my entire life and never experienced anything like this. The product should be replaced or repaired.  Jim

userCCd9KL6s9x
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to stick with TV's, soundbars, phones and tablets. I can't speak on their refrigerators, but the dishwashers suck. I have the same problem along with a laundry list of other issues that constantly keep reoccurring. This dishwasher is only 3 years old. We've had to have technicians come out at least 6 times within that timeframe. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my tv's, phones and soundbars. My daughter works at Home Depot and said they constantly get complaints about the majority of the dishwashers from Samsung. Leave the appliances to the professionals and stay in your lane. Very disappointed. LG is probably your best bet smelly dishwasher. I know I'll never buy another dishwasher made by Samsung. 

userdcUHrDmc1C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem with my dishwasher.
dw80k5050us
b03jg8dh902739p
I'M BEYOND TIRED OF WASHING MY DISHES MY HAND BECAUSE OF THE GROSS SMELL THIS DISHWASHER LEAVES ON MY DISHES AND STINKS UP MY KITCHEN!
Samsung, 'm paitently waiting for a response!
userU6GKilqQVb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own two of these Samsung dishwashers  DW80J3020US.  I have had them for about 18 months.   I have the same smell problem.  I have  read the 20 or so other threads as of 04/29/2018 and have tried all of the recomended items.  I found the problem is a flaw in the pump area; there is a small void area of the pump where oils/ greases, etc get trapped and do not get removed.   I have tried all of the suggested items to remove these trapped greases - nothing works so far.  My solution has been to dis assemble the pump and clean this cavity- then everything is reasonable for a month or so. 

Design flaw - Samsung needs to fix this!! 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userqOcU5fGjz5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # DW80K705UG

Dishwasher has a terrible odor.  What is wrong with it and how can I solve this problem?

userqOcU5fGjz5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION