cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOKtFB9Qn0o
Asteroid

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I left the door open until it was filled - don't run it daily- so maybe 4 days, but when I closed and set the wash I did a sanitized cycle and it seems to have cleared the odor. I just did another wash and did the same thing. I believe it has something to do with the machine from the beginning, but it is the santizing that eliminates the problem for me so far.

smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No I haven't. Just deal with the nasty smell
usermSw4Jykjc2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same dishwasher with the same smelly problem. I bought it in November & realize now it's a Samsung problem. It should be recalled or fixed!

Kentuckylex
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to be a consistent problem experienced by all!!! I wish I had read these before buying this dishwasher! Bought the whole suite from Samsung the dishwasher has had a horrible smell from the beginning!! All of the "fixes" should not be  necessary from day one of using a new dishwasher!!!  Obviously Samsung is aware of the problem and plans on doing nothing about it. The next step is to take to your social media!! Make sure that EVERYONE blast them for their lack of concern over a serious problem!! It may not get them to take notice but the only way to get someone to pay attention is to hit their bottom line. Post regularly and ask people to share. At least hopefully it will cut down on others buying and having the same issues!!

user67qI1MqNci
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a DW80K7050US/AC 01 in January  2017 & it smells terrible all the time! I have had many dishwashers over the past 30+ years & have never had a problem... In the past year I have purchased a fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer & dryer all Samsung & every one of them has had issues! I am now looking at how I can get rid of them & go with a different brand... Not Good!...

user2lo3Iz4e3G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased model DW80K5050UB. Professionally installed in Feb. There are some things we like about this unit, but there is an undeniable, strong odor after each wash. We use a normal detergent with bleach, which should preclude any bacteria, and we empty within a hour or so of cycle completion. Vinegar, Tang, Sanitize wash—these are ineffective.

We replaced a fully functional Kenmore that had no such issue, so its not our plumbing, our disposal, or our drain.

I have already had to work with Samsung tech support becuase the adjustable top rack collapses frequently, and the black rubber flap does not stay behind the kick plate. 

Samsung, what is the gameplan to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

useriFHmgFlImi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. New Samsung DW80J3020US dishwasher purchased Feb 18, smells like there's a dead body in it after a day or two. I used to leave dishes in my old dishwasher for a week and had no issues at all. Now, just like one of the previous posters, I literally have to hold my breath when I open the dishwasher door, and the whole kitchen is then filled with the sweet smell of filth and rot. Way to go, guys. First exploding cell phones, now biohazard dishwashers. How long before the class action?

dyates1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone had a repairman out to check on this?    Samsung chat (3/23/17)

suggests that a repair tech can FIX this problem.   5 years ago we were told there was no problem .. smell is normal.    If someone has had this "fixed" please let me know.

Thanks.

userngecc9qFs6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem in addition to not rinsing properly. Had a servie person out who suggested bakig soda and vinegar. also tried dishwasher cleaner which did not help. now my cabinets smell like dirty, soapy dishes. model # DW80J3020US.

userkhjj3iBQW1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had a repairman come out twice. TWICE. First time they warned us of this dishwasher. They told us they were always coming to calls about smells, clogs, drainage issues and to purchase the extended warranty. 

It seems like every 4-6 months we need them to come out to fix this dang thing. 

It smells disgusting. Like rotting food. 

Oh and we DONT have a garbage disposal so yeah, not the problem. The dishwasher leaks also. 

I purchased this to replace a unit in our new home, which had no issues but I wanted a quiet dishwasher since we have an open concept. What a joke this has been on me. The smell fills the entire home and makes us gag. 

In short, we will be replacing this junk. I will never buy a samsung anything again.