cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7GzJQWqwzF
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too (just googled smelly samsung dishwasher...! And I've only had mine a few months. It is awful. I can't believe this is stilla problem in 2018 and this thread started in 2016!  I also have a Samsung washing machine and it smells too. 

userO1JgblN9Sq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My brand new dishwasher that I have used maybe three times smells bad too. It was installed by a plumber and I have no garbage disposal so it wouldn't have anything to do with that. I always rinse my dishes thoroughly and never put dishes with food on them in the dishwasher.  I'm sure it has something to do with the draining - doesn't anyone at Samsung have an idea how to correct this issue? This is very upsetting indeed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userOKtFB9Qn0o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

For some reason the machines are coming from factory with the smell. I left my door open, it basically opens about 4" by itself and pre washed my dishes (which is crazy!), on the next wash I did a santize step and it has seemed to help. I will let you know if it comes back again but I did close the door for a day and it doesn't seem to be there.

user1LM6WIHsSr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dishwasher was installed 5 months ago and also smell terrible.  I'm having to run cycles every 2 days as any longer than that makes the smell intolerable.  

frankly I'm disappointed in all of my Samsung appliances and will never buy products from them again nor recommend them. SUPER DISAPPOINTED!

userLDRDWSxSgl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK Samsung, lets face the facts, there is an obvious design flaw with these dishwashers. You don't just have 17 pages of customer complaints and honestly expect us to use Tang as a viable solution to the problem. I have never owned a dishwasher that's had this problem, and I've own plenty! Most dishwashers do there thing, and dishes come out warm and dry, for the most part.  Not so with the Samsung, the real issue is these machines don't have an adequate drying cycle and the entire inside of the machine is completely wet after use. The excess water is trapped in an air tight compartment, with no way to dry out! I typicaly run my Samsung after dinner, and unloaded it the next evening, 24 hours later the dishes are still wet, and the odor coming from the machine is unbelievable. I for one am very surprised that there hasn't been a recall, or a class action law suit. I currently own 12 Samsung appliances between my two homes, I just wished they worked as good as they look!  TG

user93Iv5RPznR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the source of the smell comes from the front of the pan - the part that sits under the door when it's closed. Apparently left over grime builds up there after just a single wash and never gets washed away down the drain. 

I try to leave the open after each wash, but unless you open the door immediately after the cycle, it's often too late.

So to rid the smell you have to open the door and wipe around the edge of the door, including the bottom edge - with a paper towel and some cleanser. It will keep the odor 'managable' between washes. but's not really a permanant solution.

I have NEVER had a washer have this problem in my life and never thought to research that before my purchase. I wish I had. I've had the washer going on 3 years and already its having issues where it will stop mid cycle, so hopefully this POS breaks and I can get a new one. 

smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
oh leave The door open after the cycle is done. What if you put it on the morning before you go to work and you're not home when the cycle is done your dishes will still be wet if I would've known the dishwasher does not have a drying element to dry the dishes I would not have bought it
Kentuckylex
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION