cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3fUBEGQsJS
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, reading this thread, Samsung needs to take action.  It doesn't take a genius to realize theres a major problem here.  My model is DW80K5050US.  I want a replacement!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning tips can be found here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Appliances/How-to-Clean-your-Dishwasher/td-p/85599    for anyone who may need them. 

As for the unit itself, I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused. Sadly cleaning and maintenance are not covered under any Samsung limited warranties so any repairs/replacements are the responsibility of the owner. Regrettably my hands are tied on that stipulation.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3fUBEGQsJS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Too bad its obviously not a cleaning or maintenance issue as I have proven by my actions of disinfecting and cleaning. People will continue to have this problem until you guys figure out what is wrong with your products. Stop putting the blame on the consumer.

user2xHHDsRnom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! Samsung shouldn't push their problems onto the consumer by blaming it on maintenance or a cleaning issue. Mine has smelled since day 1!! It doesn't take a genius to read the posts and know there is a problem. I should have called Lowes to come uninstall mine and take it back. I should have bought the Bosch! Never again will I buy samsung appliances. Pitiful.

user2lo3Iz4e3G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a cleaning issue. After a new installation and two wash cycles, my unit should not smell. Dishes are pre-rinsed in my house and we use Finish detergent tablets, which have bleach in them. The hoses are properly routed to manage trapped water. It has been inspected by Home Depot installers and a licensed plumber. Instead, we must leave our unit open all the time to prevent this.  This is a product design issue that based on posts here apparently spans multiple models.

Fellow consumers, we should all head over to https://www.classaction.com/ and begin making our case.

user2XnQ7Pb4jc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a DW80K7050us - purchased late last fall(2016) it works just fine!.. I have no problems with it during normal wash cycles.. BUT when I use the Rinse cycle the water does not drain, which then smells.  This is the only time it does this, otherwise there is never any standing water, nor does it smell, unless I use the rinse cycle. I always clean my dishwasher, etc so I know it isnt that. Once a wash cycle is done my dishwasher is usually sparkling inside (Unless my softener is out of salt..) To me this is an issue with the machine as it works fine using the other cycles, only when it's rinsing.

Any ideas for me as to what could be wrong?  I clean the filters regularly, etc. but today there is a bunch of standing water in the bottom.. gross. Smiley Sad 

Tiredofthestink
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel so liberated, validated and relieved to have found this thread! I too have that DW80J3020US. The smell is unbearableand embarrassing. Like one of the worst smells I've ever smelled in my life. My kids refuse to go near it. It is absolutely unacceptable on Samsungs part to not address this issue. I'm just like everyone else and have tried everything. You Samsung employees that are posting cleaning tips and blaming us for being dirty should be ashamed of yourselves. Look how many of us there are here. It took me 8 months to finally look on here so I imagine every other owner of this stinky model has the same problem. I think we should rise up and revolt against this atrocity and force the hand of Samsung to replace our smelly machines. Seriously, I have too many other priorities to do much other than this post. But Samsung shame, shame, shame on you. You have a chance to redeem yourself and make this right. Having an uncontrollable smelly new dishwasher was not part of my life's plan. 

userrGWvCv7LXd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I foundthis thread months ago. Samsung is ignoring us.....

usersZctYxx0Cu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anything happen after any your posts? We are experiencing the same and feel helpless since it came with my new house. It is so foul I’m afraid of the health risks my family is exposed to. 

userxaQBd9F7qq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still NO foul odor coming from the "Samsung" dishwasher. . .  as suggested, we used a twist tie to raise the hose coming from the dishwasher high enough to slant toward the garbage disposal

instead of going up to the disposal.  Problem seems to be solved for us. . . Hope  you have the same good experience. . .