Black Hole

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can send the information to us privately at http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe

RobertB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution, to getting rid of dampness and bad smell in the dishwasher.

1 - Turn the dishwasher on to the  "quick" option.

2 - It will turn on and get rid of the water, should take around a minute. Touch the hose to make sure it is pumping out water.

3 - Wait till it starts pumping hot water - Under a minute.

4 - When you hear the water being pumped into the dishwasher, turn it off.

5 - Repeat step 1 and turn it to the "quick" option.

6 - When it pumps out the water turn it off completely.

This method works for me.

My dishwasher: samsung dishwasher dw80j3020us

Cheers

Robert

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RobertB: Thank you for sharing. 

userJbuPszRhOS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have brand new Samsung storm dw. Immediately after first wash, within hours a putrid smell and has only become worse. Machine is level. Do not have a disposal, drain hose is connected up near sink drain. No sag. Shouldn't have "build up". I rinse all my dishes by before loading. No food on dishes. Samsung has designed something wrong, recall is in order! Never had this problem with any washer!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the model number of the dishwasher and when was it installed?

SmellHell
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RobertB-

Thanks for sujestions.  My model doesn't have a "quick" option.  What does this process you posted do?  i.e... cleanse the dishwasher drain hose?  I've don't similar things many times before with no success.  

I beleive what is happening is the dishwasher doesn't pump out the gray water compleltly so the dishes have gray water still on them which smells and supplies bacteria with food to bread.  Not very healthy.  

RobertB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Turn the dishwasher on to any function, however, it's important that first it pumps the water OUT of the dishwasher. When you see that it pumped the water out, then turn it off.

userncJZkmNVN6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have a DW80K7050UG that is beyond awful smelling. I've had multiple Samsung products and this experience will be ending that for myself as well as as many friends and family who will listen to my story if i am unable to get an accomodation. The "solutions" they tell you to try over and over again are a joke. None of that works to escape the rancid smell that fills the room. I literally leave the dirty dishes in the sink when guests are over and wait to load it until they leave because yes in the sink smells better that this awful unit. I have held multiple phone and chat sessions, having to explain my story over and over AND OVER again, and taken days off work to meet with technicians that tell me quite literally this is a complaint they get daily with Samsung dishwashers and there is nothing they can recommend futher. After speaking with a friend regarding my issue she said she was advised at Lowe's not to purchase a Samsung dishwasher because of this exact issue. That is shameful that Samsung would continue selling these units and not stand behind this product if a known issue is at hand. 

Don207
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the the issue.  Open the dishwasher door and reach your finger under the bottom gasket that seals the door shut.  There you will find a build up of rotting food.  Clean it once a month with a Clorox wipe and it will be like a new dishwasher.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.