cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mershu
Constellation

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you taken out the filter to clean?   They can get caked with gunk and that makes it smell.

good luck

Cruzen7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the filter?

smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cruz  I do not know where the filter is and you know people that having the same issue 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a link to an article on removing foul odors: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=675736&modelname=DW8...

Please note, not every model will have a filter, but if your model does then it would be located towards the bottom center of the unit nearest to the drain. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cruzen7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of that worked  including the TANG - the disposal does  it smell, only the dishwasher does whether it has dishes in it or not- model is DW7933LRASR

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Cruzen7, Has the garbage disposal been run recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cruzen7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nearly every day. The problem is this dishwasher as i know  4 people with the same issue and the same dishwasher. Surely these cannot be the only 4 examples - i'd bet there are hundreds, if not thousands. Why not just own it and fix the design flaw with a recall? Why take the chance of losing customers that have access to social media? Has anyone researched the issue @ Samsung?

user7bogN9jNOq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem

useraQy3APMGJ5
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher STINK

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same SMELLY ISSUE , I have used all the recommended options and the diswasher still STINKS.

I have gone as far as after running a cycle I removed the howe from the disposal therefore the issue is not the disposal as Samsung is suggesting. The Diswasher has a STINKING DESIGN FLAW.

MODEL#DW80J7550UG

SN#0CY4DAH503774T

useriyJ7HPxjju
Astronaut

Re: Smelly Dishwasher STINK

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model# DW80K7050UG same disgusting smell and only 3 months old and started after the 2nd load. Dishes are always rinsed before going into the machine and gets run every other day. Very disappointed in Samsung! Had a 5 year old washing machine that had a recall and was offered $12 towards a new machine. Should have rolled my gut and went with another brand but we likes the refrigerator and microwave and wanted them to all match.....Big mistake!