cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Stove knobs broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I see that I am not the only one with this problem, and no solution from the company.

My stove is two years out of warrenty, as with many of you I was directed to purchase new knobs for my stove.  Not going to happen, I wonder if a law suit is in order for defective parts, especially when each know is ove $50.00 each and there are 5 on my stove.

I see that their are several people on this site who have have had their knobs break multiple times.

Shame on you Samsung, for not fixing this problem, when on saves up to buy and expensive appliance you expect it to last.  This will be my last time for purchasing a product from your company and I will surley make sure that I voice my is heard.  

i have notified a friend who also just receintly purchased a stove like mine. I told her to make sure she checked her "knobs" and got new ones before her warrenty ran out.

At the very least you could sell the replacement parts that go inside the knob, since they do unscrew...

Unhappy customer

Vickey

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Stove knobs broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what I did to repair all 5 of my knobs. Glue peices and use a :

7/16" Heavy Duty Double Gripping Nylon Hose Clamps, 225° F / 200 PSI Rated, 10 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007V5E8ZA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tau_8xAZEbCVF76DW

I PURCHASED THE 1/2" VERSION AND IT WAS SLIGHTLY TO BIG. HAD TO WRAP WITH A PEICE OF CARDBOARD. BUT WORKED FINE.  So i figure the 7/16? and is the Perfect height!

If you need the "D" clip inside the knob purchase this as I lost one. This is the replacement: P-KS215 At  https://www.tubesandmore.com/

Hope this is a help

Don

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like there are a lot of people with Samsung stoves where the burner knobs crack and the metal inserts fall out.  All five of mine are cracked and the stove is lightly used and less than two years old. You can't replace the insert retainer becasue it's riveted to the knob.  It's a poor design and the engineers should have changed it long ago.  There is nothing wrong with the knobs themselves.  They look fine.  It's just that there is no way to replace the inserts.  On top of that, Samsung wants $10 bucks each to replace them. I doubt this forum is read by actual Samsung employees because, like most of their gear, they don't want to be responsible for what they sell.  Their appliances are getting more cheaply made each year and they are charging more.   P.S.  I was unable to post this on the web page because No Groups were made available in the dropdown menu.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what I did to repair all 5 of my knobs. Glue peices and use a :

7/16" Heavy Duty Double Gripping Nylon Hose Clamps, 225° F / 200 PSI Rated, 10 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007V5E8ZA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tau_8xAZEbCVF76DW

I PURCHASED THE 1/2" VERSION AND IT WAS SLIGHTLY TO BIG. HAD TO WRAP WITH A PEICE OF CARDBOARD. BUT WORKED FINE.  So i figure the 7/16? and is the Perfect height!

If you need the "D" clip inside the knob purchase this as I lost one. This is the replacement: P-KS215 At  https://www.tubesandmore.com/

Hope this is a help

Don

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had alread replaced all the knobs on my stove once. Then noticed that one of the knobs was getting loose. Made a note to order another set. In the meantime, I forgot to tell my wife (we're both in our mid-60s.) She used the burner with the loose knob, turned it OFF when she was done. Or she thought. The knob was in the off position. But because it was loose it was rotated on the shaft . 

So, the gas was on. Pumping into the house. She kept thinking she was smelling gas and checked the stove and, understandably, thought all burners were off.

So. That could have been bad. Graveyard bad. What the heck is wrong with Samsung that they won't address this issue? We're probably not the only geriatic customers that own this stove.