Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung NE58K9850WG/AA range/oven

C3FC4037-FB81-48FF-9165-CB4D41FF757D.jpeg

5F4008D4-2B04-4FD4-950D-A5836AA161F3.jpeg

91F7A397-FCB7-4B02-B0A6-2F91E06003B7.jpeg

 Samsung NE58K9850WG/AA

A few months ago, my Samsung Range/oven front right front burner started randomly turning on by itself. We have tons of video and pictures of the burner being red hot while the knob is on the off position and the power light is not on. We found out when it caught the edge of a pizza box on fire and the whole thing went up in flames. We weren’t home but our daughter was upstairs and smelled it. She came down and there was a full blown fire and she put it out with the fire extinguisher. what a relief!

Our extended warranty with Lowe’s covered the cost of repairing the faulty burner. Unfortunately they did not cover the replacement of the damaged glass. I have tried to clean the glass in every way possible. It has burned on fire extinguisher spray. It’s not coming off. 

Anybody have any suggestions? How expensive would it be to replace just the glass top? Will Samsung help me with that cost?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I completely understand your concerns with the stovetop damage with the burner turning on by itself. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this issue. Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

View solution in context

2 Replies
Aaron_Linus_Ashley
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I don't know, but as long as you have it, you maybe should switch it off at the circuit breaker also for best measure. Try calling the fire extinguisher spray company for their best suggestions to clean it off. Lowe's should know.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I completely understand your concerns with the stovetop damage with the burner turning on by itself. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this issue. Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK