Original topic:

Surge Protector for Refrigerator

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 09:07 AM)
userMa9D1CqctU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently bought a new Samsung Inverter Refrigerator.  What is the recommendation on adding a surge protector to this Fridge?   I have read split opinions (from other manufacturers and experts) that they do no recommend a surge protector for a refrigerator, others staying that is a must do where power outages are common.

What's the recommendation? 

3 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for reaching out, you can use a surge protector if you want but it is not recommended as sometimes it can cause issues with your unit, especially with TVs as sometimes it can cause power cycling.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Commanderpj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This does not answer the question. Does my Samsung FRIDGE need a surge protector? We have power outages every day, and there are conflicting views.
Then you say NOT to use a surge protector for a TV??? What is power cycling? Please give a detailed answer!!

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I do apologize for that, what you are asking is understandable however NO, we do not advise using a surge protector on the refrigerator. The Safety information warnings on page 3 of the user manual generally will advise as such- The refrigerator should always be plugged into its own individual electrical outlet which has a voltage rating that matches the voltage listed on the refrigerator’s rating plate. We advise using the electrical outlet because this provides the best performance and also prevents overloading of house wiring circuits, which could cause a fire hazard from overheated wires. I hope that answered your inquiry and you can download the manual for your exact unit here (just need the model code) to review further if needed- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes