cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

TIZEN 4.0 update no longer randomizes screensaver

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just updated today, and Samsung once again messed up the screensaver. It no longer randomizes the photos. It was working perfectly until the update .  Now the screensaver starts with the same slide every time, meaning it's no longer a screensaver but a slideshow.  This needs to be fixed asap . 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JC7350
Asteroid

Re: TIZEN 4.0 update no longer randomizes screensaver

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The new update has brought back the shuffle option on the screensaver for the fridge. Took awhile but I'm glad Samsung listened to our qualms!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
userci9mmNNwfT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just called Samsung Support. They said they had received many complaints about this issue, as well as the issue that the screensaver stops every time the door is opened. They said the next update will likely fix this. I hope that's true.  

JC7350
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!! I was just getting on here to post about this. I didn't really notice until last night when it started to hit me that I was seeing the same photos far too frequently whereas in the past it was always a mixture.

It may seem like a small issue and nothing to go crazy about, but it is a little thing that people want and actually matters to some.

Thanks for calling them.

Boverton
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They will fix it in the next update or release a fix for it?  Just trying to get an idea of this is going to be 6 months down the road or a couple weeks.

I'd love to just revert back to TIZEN 3.0.  The new features of 4.0 don't make up for the functioning screensaver.

usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately they could not give me a date as to when an update would come out. They also couldn't guarantee a fix was actually underway. But last time an update was pushed out within a couple months. I'm hoping it's that fast this time. 

JC7350
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The new update has brought back the shuffle option on the screensaver for the fridge. Took awhile but I'm glad Samsung listened to our qualms!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Samsung for FINALLY fixing what you broke months ago.  Please, please, NEVER NEVER NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!