cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Three year old refrigerator

I have to say...I am most definitely not happy with my refrigerator of 3 years old.  For the second time since I've moved into my new house, I've had the same issue.  It doesn't make ice and the ice chamber freezes over.  This isn't 1950 where we have to defrost our freezers.  

When I purchased my new home, I researched every brand of appliance.  I chose Samsung for all of them.  And I'm sorry I did.  I could have spent quite a bit less on a refrigerator and not had these problems.  

Where was I when the class action lawsuit regarding refrigerators occurred?  

Model RF28JBEDBSR/AA

I would like to have this issued remedied...at your expense!  This is not the time to have to pay someone to fix an issue that shouldn't be an issue in the first place...especially on a refrigerator that's only 3 years old!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Three year old refrigerator

I have the same refrigerator and had it repaired 6 times in two years (the fridge is now almost 3 years old) and finally gave up. Samsung was no help and now it's out of warranty. The ice making unit has been either repaired or replaced by an authorized/certified Samsung dealer (through Costco Concierge) each time. The air vent is checked cleaned and cleared (if necessary) and the filters are changed every 6 months. Samsung will not acknowledge they have a severely defective product. 

Last night we experienced several power outages and the refrigerator has been flashing 39 c, 40 c and 61 c (in order) and I can't get it to stop. 

If anyone has a fix, please post it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ugh!  So frustrating!  
I'm tired of having repair people gone to fix the ice maker. 
I watched on YouTube to defrost the ice maker. THIS IS NOT 1950!!!

However, this person suggested to gently scrape the ice off...fixed the problem.  Do I think I should have to do it...NO!  But it beats paying for a repair since Samsung can't fix the issue. 
I'll never recommend a Samsung refrigerator to anyone!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This is something that would need to be serviced if you have tried the troubleshooting steps listed in the accepted solution of this thread to no avail.  Please send me a private message with the serial number of the fridge so that I can look into what options we have available for you Smiley Happy  http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.