cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMeR1SdR6rV
Asteroid

Timer not working on range

The electric range timer is not working.  It will allow me to put a time in and push start and count down by 1 second and then it will stop.  The timer will not advance any further.  I've tried cutting the timer off and reseting it.  It worked a few hours ago but not now.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Timer not working on range

@userMeR1SdR6rV Could you provide the full model code of the range?

Highlighted
userMeR1SdR6rV
Asteroid

NE 59J7630 SS

is the model

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userMeR1SdR6rV Have you tried turning the circuit breaker off for a minute to reset it?

userMeR1SdR6rV
Asteroid

We tried that it was not effective.  Did not fix the issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We may need a technician to take a look at the unit. Can you send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMeR1SdR6rV
Asteroid

Just curious as I see that at least one other consumer in this community shared the exact same problem.  It seems like a very odd issue.

userbVeOLfftwT
Constellation

@userMeR1SdR6rV wrote:

The electric range timer is not working.  It will allow me to put a time in and push start and count down by 1 second and then it will stop.  The timer will not advance any further.  I've tried cutting the timer off and reseting it.  It worked a few hours ago but not now.

@userMeR1SdR6rV  My wife had the same problem.  She had forgotten that the range timer only used whole minutes, unlike the microwave.  So she enters the minutes without seconds (3 for three minutes, 5 for five minutes, etc.) and it works fine.  Try that.

userMeR1SdR6rV
Asteroid

Thanks for the information.  This must have been what I was doing also as I just tried it and it’s working fine now.  I used the timer perhaps as many as one hundred times.  As I time everything with this timer as it’s loud and annoying so I can actually hear it.  I can’t believe I started adding the zeros to the time.  I hadn’t called a repair person as the remedy told to me by the Samsung people who responded to my post.   Thank goodness I had not spent that money when it was really a human brain glitch.  Again thank you for the post.