Original topic:

Tizen 6.0 Family Hub Update horrible

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 08:26 AM)
user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

DC687C63-D1E9-4F31-BC89-60B7BDB6D744.png

Samsung has really messed up, my $3,000 fridge is useless to me now. Samsung created a new update Tizen 6 with Alexa now added but took away the Family Hub app access meaning you have to use Smart things app which isn’t very good. I can’t mirror my Samsung tv to the fridge anymore, I changed the water filter which won’t reset the notification, it erased all the pictures from my screen making it difficult to add more, SmartThings screen on the fridge freezes all the time, Ring door bell drains your battery because it’s constantly live. Shopping list hardly updates from my phone, the list goes on and on. This is very unacceptable from Samsung to advertise a fridge at the time I purchased and a year later almost all taken away. My wife accidentally updated to 6.0 thinking she was doing me a favor but of course I’m stuck with a fridge that can’t do the things I enjoyed. Samsung not everyone reads those disclaimers like kids and non technical people that might update something because a screen pop up appears. I would not recommend anyone to buy their smart hub refrigerators unless you want to waste your money.

24 Replies
useru5fHGuVDzn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Thanks for posting. This is good to know
userCTmCTVEdhD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That last update took away all the useful things that was available on family hub and the smart thing is as dumb as an analog clock. I can no longer create a shopping list
I can no longer mirror my TV
I only get the water filter needs to be changed and the fridge can not be assigned to kitchen. That update RUINED all the apps on what was a great fridge.
userazvJfpTec6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree.  One of the most useful features we utilize is the Family Hub Shopping List.  The SmartThings app Shopping List doesn't sync between the refrigerator, my phone and my husband's phone.  They all seem to be stand alone, which is the same as me creating a note on my phone and sending the list to my husband.  

userEE4PME7xmL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had heard that Samsung had stuffed the fridge with this update. I saw the prompt come in yesterday and deleted it. I have made it very clear to the other members of my family they are not to update the software from TIZEN 4 to This new TIZEN 6 offering. Like everyone else I am very disappointed Samsung don't really care about what its customers want. We want to retain the functionality of the fridge we bought less than 12 months ago. I for one will actively avoid further Samsung purchases as my front load washer also crapped itself well before we had it for 12 months. Very disappointed....

user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hopefully using Tizen 4 doesn't make it difficult in the future because Samsung wont support Family Hub when things goes wrong.  I'm sure they'll cause problems forcing customers to upgrade.

0 Likes
userNhB9pWlGVD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Has anyone found out how to access the shopping list from their phone using the SmartThings app? I can't use the Family Hub app because it says it has been deprecated. But when I reach out to customer service they just direct me to Family Hub app articles 

userAtsQH5jvOR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You have to add your fridge to the Devices in SmartThings, then you can select it, and access the Shopping List. I haven't figured out how to see any of the other lists in this totally worthless, crappy app yet.

user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I finally was able to fix the the mirror tv function. you needed to remove the old tv in the smartthings app then add your tv back then that worked. Shopping list you had to download whatever Smarthings wanted you to download in the cooking app to work. Was able to use that **bleep** for now I guess.

0 Likes
userkNNAkDZKrp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I found the Alexa shopping list to be pretty good.  I hadn't used Alexa on any device before so I had to put the Alex app on my iPhone to access the shopping list.  But in the kitchen you just say Alexa create a shopping list (or whatever list) and then anytime you say Alexa add milk to the shopping list, it does and it works great.  The only way to view the shopping list is to add to it or tell Alexa to show it.  Alexa can also answer anything so it's pretty cool to get any answer, solve any math or conversion, etc.  Of course you have to not object to Alexa listening in at your kitchen.

The rest of the refrigerator has been ruined.  I can only add six pics to the thing.  The apps seem to be all really ineffective business relationships that Samsung is trying to cultivate rather than maximizing the fact that I have a huge tablet on my refrigerator.