JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 04-23-2020 10:44 AM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I canā€™t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I canā€™t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didnā€™t work either.

160 Replies
elianafeijoo
Product Expert
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @useryNVynh2Pla , sorry I did not receive the other responses until now, so what I would recommend even if the fridge is 4 years old to still contact Samsung with the number i provided in my first response to the issue. No samsung still helps regardless of the time, it  just depends on the issue and what they can do. So like I said do contact Samsung customer service and see what they say because it sounds like a technical problem with the screen. They have to confirm however and they might even send someone to your home. It is just about what they say at the end. Again sorry for not responding sooner, I just received notification of response. 

0 Likes
userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is a joke. No service will come out for this problem. I have called over 10 of them. Even out of my area to ask and they have all told me it is with the software update. 

Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am glad you got this issue resolved 

0 Likes
useryNVynh2Pla
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I didn't get it resolved!

user4vERGr1Nyj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My warranty expired last year but I am having problems with the touch screen. Do you offer any advice for that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

0 Likes
userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm not sure what you are "helping" with. No service person will come out. All we are being told is that it is a software problem. The entire tablet is still working. The touch screen is NOT working since Tizen or Samsung or whenever released the update. Something needs to be done about this! We basically have a "normal" fridge with a white update box across our beautiful pictures. 

buggyman
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
i have the same problem
uservk1IpxWf1v
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fridge has the exact same symptoms:

Model# RD27T5501SR

Ser# <hidden>

Purchased in August 2020 from Lowes.

Quite funny that the "Solved! Go to Solution" is to contact Samsung customer service.

Quite ridiculous that this issue has gone on for nearly 2 years since the original post with no real solution.

Quite frustrating that moderators don't want to be honest and give an explanation of the solutions that have or have not worked so far.

userMMB9v9webU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes. The situation is such that it is a very common problem for fridges that were made in ~2017. Which is often the case, even for current stock. The solution is to replace the whole screen component (if I understood correctly, all the Tizen computer logic is on it too). 

I purchased the fridge in summer 2020, the problem started right away, persisted very consistently. Two months later I got the Samsung warranty guy come and replace the whole computer part. The new part was made in 2020. So far, no problems, for about a month, behaves perfectly. 

Therefore, the real solution is if you are on a warranty, ask Samsung to replace it. If not, check how much would it cost to replace it or just ignore that it does not work. The backup solution is just to put some nice pictures there during the moments when it responds to touches and then just enjoy the pictures and the rest of the fridge functionality. That's the situation.

I am quite happy with the fridge so far, ice maker works well in spite of some bad reviews.  Now even the computer works after they replaced the part. So I guess if you are ready to deal with it, you can get it to work. 

I still don't see any competitors doing anything better... maybe this is why Samsung is so relaxed about it, heh.

0 Likes