Original topic:

How to turn off ice maker in freezer - model RF28R6241SR*

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 08:22 AM)
userPDOXpIOMS1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung 3-door French refrigerator Model # RF28R6241SR/AA

Problem:  how to turn off the freezer ice maker.

I have two ice makers in my appliance.  I would like to turn off the freezer ice maker.  There are no instructions in the owner’s manual.  Samsung advised me to pull out the freezer ice bucket.  On the right side of the ice maker, I should see a switch and should  move it to the O position.  I see no switch.  What do I do now?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

On your display panel inside the unit tap where it says Ice Maker until the first Ice Maker On icon is lit. (see image below)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

On your display panel inside the unit tap where it says Ice Maker until the first Ice Maker On icon is lit. (see image below)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPDOXpIOMS1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The solution did work after I unlocked the control panel.  I have to hold the Ice Maker for several seconds to disable the top ice maker; then hold the Ice Maker icon a second time to disable the freezer ice maker.  I then reactivated the top Ice Maker.  Thanks!