cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userTNxZO2F99d
Asteroid

USB location? for RF23M8570SR... in the manual...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a USB connection for the RF23M8570SR?  In the manual, it talks about an indicator for a USB drive - and I would love to put photos on a USB drive too.  Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userTNxZO2F99d
Asteroid

Re: USB location? for RF23M8570SR... in the manual...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the solution!!

If your USB has no files on it, the USB drive DOES NOT show up as a drive to move pictures too! I placed a jpg file on the USB drive, stuck the 8 GB exFAT  drive back in - BINGO - the USB drive now shows up as a location in Gallery that I can move my photos too.

NOTE - this was all to support the latest software upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 - where it told me I didn't have enough space. 

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, there is a USB drive next to the Red switch. At the very top of the door on the inside, you will see a square case. Take that part off to display the USB port. Follow the directions below to add photos. 

1. Insert a USB drive with images into the USB port on the Refrigerator. It is located behind a cover at the top of the right door.

2Navigate to and touch Gallery.

3Touch the album with the images you want to transfer.

4Touch More.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTNxZO2F99d
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the dealy - but Thank You! I found the USB location!!

BUT when I insert my USBs, it sees / tells me it connected - BUT when I selected all my photos to move to another location, it says No Storage available.  I tried 2 USB drives: 8 GB and 32 GB - and tried to format them with exFAT and NTFS.  What is the a specific size / format USB needed?

userTNxZO2F99d
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the solution!!

If your USB has no files on it, the USB drive DOES NOT show up as a drive to move pictures too! I placed a jpg file on the USB drive, stuck the 8 GB exFAT  drive back in - BINGO - the USB drive now shows up as a location in Gallery that I can move my photos too.

NOTE - this was all to support the latest software upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 - where it told me I didn't have enough space.