cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercpsga6lDdS
Constellation

Unhappy Customer: Ice Maker Frosted Over

I purchased a Samsung RF263BEAESR AA Rev 01 refrigerator new and the ice maker has never really worked properly.  I have to defrost the ice maker every 2-3 weeks to keep it working, and I have water pooling in the bottom of the refrigerator area. 

I had the drain kit installed at my own cost over a year ago... that stopped the water pooling for a while, but now it is back.  Ice maker has been icing over continuously since the moment the appliance was out of warranty.  I just receved an estimate to perform Samsung service bulletin 

ASC20170602002 to the tune of $611.  

I would think that a "service bulletin" would mean there is a defect in the product and the manufacturer would pay to correct...guess I was WRONG. 

I see there is a class action lawsuit "Bianchi v. Samsung Electronics America" regarding this issue.  Do I have to wait for the results of that, or can Samsung step up and help me have an appliance that works as advertised?

Please contact me with some assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unhappy Customer: Ice Maker Frosted Over

I am sorry to hear of your concerns with the refrigerator! Will you please send a private message with the serial number so I may see what options are available? http://bit.ly/2XERsky