Original topic:

Unsafe product (range); Samsung support mislead us

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 09:57 AM)
userJxqWzmPiN7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This post describes how Samsung mislead a customer/how the brand is not trustworthy. Through this action, Samsung lost a first-time customer who will never purchase Samsung again (it was our first time), we even canceled existing appliance orders that had not yet arrived.

We received an electric range (on back order for several weeks) on 3/31. Used it to bake bread the first time (450 degrees). The metal around burner as well as the center front of the cook top got burning hot (you could not touch it) so we called it in. We were informed that we needed get a Samsung technician out and scheduled one (earliest appointment was a week later). The technician confirmed that metal heating up to 130 degrees when the oven runs at 400 is within manufacturer's specifications (?) and that there was no defect. Since the day of the technician appointment was a week after delivery, Samsung was willing to accept the return (48 hour no-questions asked policy).

We feel cheated and mislead by Samsung scheduling a repair, effectively forcing us to forfeit the warranty and not telling us. We could have just given the piece of junk back right away.

My family has owned electric ranges since I was a small child, I am now well into my 40s. This is not our first electric range and we know how they work, scratch, have hot surfaces after you cook, etc. Not sure how this range passed any safety test, it is a hazard. We have a toddler and pets. I am afraid to use the oven and the cook top at the same time out of fear of burning my front (I am a bit on the shorter side and have to lean over the range).

Now we are stuck with a range we do not want/can't use properly. If we are lucky, we can return into the appliance store with a 15% restocking fee on an unsafe product that they will try to sell to someone else.

Spent hours on the phone with Samsung, several departments, no answers apart from "not my department" and no solutions. It did not take much to make this right, Samsung. We will share this experience freely with others.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I totally understand your frustrations and would like to have my specialized team take a look into your case. Can you shoot me a private message with your full model and serial number: 

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJxqWzmPiN7
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Appreciate the offer to call the line we have reached out to many times to speak with a specialized team. We did many times which is how this posting came about. We do consider this matter closed, Samsung did not come through. This was our first and last experience with this brand. Sorry.

0 Likes