Original topic:

Upgraded from Family Hub to Samsung Internet Things : Can't cross items off Shopping List?

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 03:59 PM)
usermRhN8smzo2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently upgraded my Samsung Fridge (with Family Hub) to Samsung Internet of Things(TIZEN 6.0) as directed--when I go to my shopping list, there is no option to strike out/cross out items--only delete?

Family Hub Shopping List offered a strike out option--but this new update does away with it, and only has delete, which defeats the purpose of the list?

7 Replies
useru55zhX7O2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exactly! This update completely made the shopping list worthless. 

userNhB9pWlGVD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Are either of you able to access the Shopping List on your phone? I used to use the Family Hub app but now it says that the app has been deprecated and to use the SmartThings app. However, I can't find the shopping list there. 

useru55zhX7O2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, but I had to delete the SmartThings app and reinstall it. Even then, you have to go to your refrigerator's default shopping list and then switch from there. 

0 Likes
usermRhN8smzo2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So it's very annoying--but you need to go to

SmartThings -> Devices -> Click on Fridge (need to make sure it's connected) -> Shopping Lists -> Show All Lists 

Your Family Hub Shopping Lists aren't compatible anymore.

This is REALLY annoying and really defeats the purpose of the app.  

usergggJbsqQ6f
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I believe that the SmartThings- Family Hub has partnered with the Whisk app for your shopping list. I had Whisk on my phone before the Family Hub 6.0 update on the refrigerator (which I can only use by hotspotting off of my phone, since it can't find our network...which is a whole other story...). Whisk is a wonderful app where you can save recipes from anywhere on the web, add them to a meal plan, and then add the ingredients to your shopping list.  I think I'll like the refrigerator update, but can't fully use it due to the connectivity issues.  

userCTmCTVEdhD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
But, my list had non food items which I can NOT add on this new list. And I kept my daughter's favorite fast food items for reference. Now I will just use a Google app. NOT SAMSUNG which really messed things up.
Smart Gal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yikes. What happened with the connectivity issue? Did you get it fixed?  

0 Likes