cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

VERY DISAPPOINTING Customer Service

After purchasing FOUR kitchen appliances I attempted to register the warranty online. I was unable because the function was BURIED. I called 800-SAMSUNG and the assistant, while very pleasant, continually sniffed and coughed, positioned her mouth too close to the microphone (even after I asked her to move it away) and spoke very quickly so I had to request she repeat several times. She gave me the following FIVE steps to reach the warranty page: Samsung.com >Home Appliances > Support > Product > Register. When I complained that this was difficult to find and NOT USER FRIENDLY, she agreed and advised she would share the feedback. I requested I be put through to the survey line but was CUT-OFF instead. I attempted to share my complaint with the online service assistant and that was a dismal failure (see below). Bottom Line: I have FOUR brand new appliances that have completed warranty registrations that I hope I never have to use because the CUSTOMER SERVICE AT SAMSUNG IS TERRIBLE.

Hello! I'm Samsung's Virtual Assistant.

8:57 AM

To begin, please select a topic below

Help me with my product or repair request

Start by choosing the type of product you need help with.

8:58 AM

Refrigerators

Now type your question or select a button that explains the issue.

can I give feedback on a service call

Thank you. I may have found what you are looking for.

Are you asking about Update software on Samsung Family Hub smart fridge?

No

I may have found what you’re looking for. Please select an option to continue.

None of above, let me rewrite the question.

Please rephrase your question using a brief description of your concern. i.e. How do I create a Samsung Account?

8:59 AM

Product warranty information

Samsung products whether purchased directly or through retailers, even without an extended warranty (Premium Care), are covered with our 12 month Standard Limited Warranty. Retailers may also offer their own warranties on Samsung products though coverage can vary. To get more details on the retail warranty, contact the store you bought the product from.

Samsung’s Standard Limited Warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service; it does not cover physical or liquid damage. The warranty period begins the same day the device is purchased.

To check the warranty status and manage the warranty of your product, it is required to sign into your Samsung account and register the product. Click here to register your product using your Samsung account.

If you want to view warranty information for your product, click here and then select your product type.

How satisfied were you with your chat experience with Samsung’s Virtual Assistant?

Thank you for your feedback.

We at Samsung Care are here for you 24/7.

If you need additional help, ask me anytime.

speak to person

Could you try to rephrase the question? Using different words can sometimes help.

live person

I will be connecting you to a Samsung Care Pro who can help.

Before I connect you with a person, can you please share your first and last name?

Kris Schultz

So that I can connect you to the right person, please select the type of product you need help with.

TVs & Home Theater

9:00 AM

Home Theater

I will be connecting you to a Samsung expert who can help. Samsung experts are a group of our most knowledgeable users.

You are connected with expert Dona

Dona, SAMSUNG Expert, 100% Helpful

Hi Good Day! I'm Dona a Samsung Expert and a fellow customer as well.
As an independent contractor, I am happy to help you with your concern.

Hello

9:01 AM

are you a live person?

9:01 AM

can you answer questions

9:02 AM

hello?

The Samsung expert routed the conversation to a Samsung Care Pro.

9:03 AM

I will be connecting you to a Samsung Care Pro who can help.

You are connected with Kevin from Samsung Care.

Kevin, SAMSUNG Care Pro

Thank you for contacting Samsung Care Team Kris, This is Kevin your Samsung Pro, Give me a minute or two to review your concern. Thank you

ok let me know when you're ready

9:04 AM

Just to clarify, are you asking for information about your TV's warranty?

no

the screen was too small for me to see all options

I selected the one furthest to the right

9:05 AM

it's related to the warranty on the 4 appliances I just bought for my kitchen

can you help me?

May I know what are those applicances?

9:06 AM

refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher

my concern is no longer about the warranty - it's related to the service

I've already registered the warranty for all four appliances online

9:07 AM

I understand that your concern is about your refrigerator and of the service and the best thing that I can do for you is to transfer your case to the right team who is trained for these concerns.

I will transfer your case now, your patience is highly appreciated.

9:07 AM

thank you

9:08 AM

You are welcome.

9:10 AM

Hello Kris!

The chat has transferred to me.

Hello

9:11 AM

May I know the issue with the products?

There is no issue with the products, my issue is with the customer service, website and the fact that I've been transferred to several different agents

can you help?

Sorry to hear that.

9:12 AM

thank you

can you help?

We at SMS support deal with basic troubleshooting to sort out the issue with the product.

I can help you with any issues with the home appliances products.

9:13 AM

can you tell me who I can contact related to the website and customer service?

9:15 AM

Unfortunately, there is not dedicated support regarding the issue with the website.

We will take this as a valuable customer feedback.

9:15 AM

how can you take this as valuable feedback without knowing what my website issue is?

9:17 AM

Let me know the issue with the website.

9:18 AM

I accepted delivery on four kitchen appliances and wanted to register them for warranty

9:18 AM

I looked at the website last night and was unable to find the location to do so

9:19 AM

I called customer service this morning, spoke with a very pleasant young lady who continued to cough and sniff in my ear

9:19 AM

she walked me through the website to find the location to register my warranties

9:20 AM

Samsung.com > Home appliances > Support > Product > Register .... FIVE SEPARATE DROPDOWNS

9:20 AM

I reported back to her that this was difficult to find and should be reported she agreed to share the feedback

9:21 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I thanked her and asked her to put me through to the survey but she cut me off

so what will you do with this feedback?

9:23 AM

As the feedback is taken it will be forwarded to the dedicated department they will look into it and do the necessary changes in further.

9:23 AM

Is there a formal complaint site?

9:24 AM

Unfortunately, there is no specific site you can leave the review on the Samsung website.

9:25 AM

Thank you I will do that

9:26 AM

You're welcome.