Original topic:

Was the Smarthub fridge update (Tizen 6.0) an intern project? It’s that bad.

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 12:23 PM)
userjvKf2T2gsI
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I’m a developer and I’m shocked how bad you guys implemented the latest update. I understand sometimes people are reluctant to change but once they adopt, the change is for the better.

That could not be farther from the truth for your latest update. What were you guys thinking? You even removed an auto-align feature in favor of free floating? Didn’t even give us an option? You guys are terrible. Was this an intern project? Learn to UI better bro.

2 Replies
Oldfordguy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You are absolutely right. I worked as a programmer for the federal government for 30 years, and this is worse than any "update" to software they ever did, and I thought they were the bottom of the barrel. I regret purchasing this expensive fridge so much now that I did the update, as literally all the functions I purchased it for (except keeping my food cold) have been deleted with this update. I feel I have had Samsung steal about $2000 from me.  I will never purchase any Samsung product again as long as I live (and I was preparing to buy our family a "smart" washer and dryer combo as our old ones are almost worn out. Will be going back to Maytag, since all of the features I paid for on my 20 year old washer and dryer still work after all these years.

If you are considering dropping a lot of coin on a Samsung smart fridge, DON'T DO IT!!!! Samsung has upgraded it to a dumb fridge!

userib6z29cP4n
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

As I posted in another thread - "Worst OS update since Vista". There's even basic syntax issues with the UI like "Press Confirm to continue" with an OK or Cancel button.

0 Likes