cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7bbR00xMXT
Constellation

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

I agree this is the problem, but do you know any way to prevent it from occuring?  Maybe turning down the water valve on the back to just let a trickle in would assist?

Then of course the cold water dispensor would slower than molasses.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you provide the model of the fridge?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Glad to hear that was resolved.  

userf0IyzOXtdG
Constellation

I was issued a one time accommodation to replace the ice maker.  All parts replaced,  and within 2 days the issue was recurring.  Samsung sent the tech back out... he took pictures of the leakage and mold to submit. I was just informed by the service center that Samsung told them the repair was completed so I need to contact Samsung with further issues. So, Samsung, what can be done? I have a very expensive fridge with no usable ice maker.  Please advise. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I can certainly understand how frustrating that is, I see we've also been speaking with you privately. I'll follow up with you there momentarily. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userqcKxhiJjNq
Astronaut

I am apparently person one million with the same leaky ice maker problem - I noticed it about one week ago and thought it was “me.”  When I took apart the ice box I did notice a build up of frozen water in the back - I can imagine that this would block airflow and thus prevent the ice from remaining frozen.  I chipped out as much as I could and the leak became less, but it IS STILL LEAKING.  As everyone here as said, this is ridiculous and Samsung should either be replacing the icemakers free or replacing the entire refridgerators.  My refridgerator is only a little over 2 years old!

Samsung, please restore our faith in you!

userf0IyzOXtdG
Constellation

It's been a week since I was told someone would follow up 'momentarily'...I would appreciate contact please. 

91RS
Asteroid

Deleted my post, eh?  I guess the truth hurts a little.  Why not just delete this entire thread again then? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@91RS: The post wasn't deleted.  It was caught by our spam filters but the post has since been restored.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The exchange has been approved, Lowes will follow up with you directly to complete the process. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091