cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
callmekurt
Constellation

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

Same issue for me - I've had technicians out 4 times - replaced parts and still nothing. They finally gave up and said it can't be fixed. They put in the paperwork to have it replaced. After tons of run-arounds from Samsung, they coldly stated "you're out of warranty, no replacement." Soooo....I'm stuck with water leaks and slushy ice.

I heard there was a class action lawsuit in 2017, but can't find any details about it.

usereGbZhFSYNk
Constellation

Having same issue. For two years ice builds up under the crisper of my French door Samsung refrigerator and the water leaks. I have turned off the ice maker, that has not solved it. Refrigerator model number is RF261BFAFSR.

user0z1kmAyfLv
Asteroid

userGhviFjQwOZ
Astronaut

Samsung, what parts do I need to purchase for this repair?   RF28JBEDBSR/AA

Ice maker-

Ice Tray-

Y-clips-

silicone-

and any other item.

Thanks,

userfsu86e7zJc
Constellation

Same problem, model number RF28HMEDBSR/AA. There should be a fix by now. Ruining our bamboo floors with the constant drip and clean up. Any word yet @

Sumsang?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userfsu86e7zJc Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

userxnM8k1RGp2
Constellation

UGH! We replaced the icemaker last year for this same reason and the new one is already leaking after less than six months. This makes the refrigerator look awful because the water stains. This was a very expensive appliance and I am not happy. I'm hoping that Samsung will replace the part and I won't have to resort to social media to expose this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFOeuMoWYMp
Constellation

I just found this incredible list of problems and found that I am truly not alone. I have an RF28K9070SR that we really like as a refrigerator. If it wasn't for the icemaker!

The unit is now 21 month old and had two service calls before warranty ran out. The first call wouldn't even come out to look at the frig as they had to order parts! They came 5/14/18 and replaced the ice maker, auger motor and y clip. Unit worked for about a month before we had to manually defrost. Scheduled a second tech that came on 7/25/18, about 1 week before warranty expired. This crew was genius. They adjusted the water pressure by turning the wall valve half closed and adjusted the water hose to the ice maker. Froze up right after warranty. 

Since the last crew was concerned about pressure, I had a new water regulator installed and adjusted to 40 psi.  Plumber said not to go much lower as many water vales in the refrigerator will not shut off when too low. Needless to say it still freezes and drips and moulds etc. I am now the owner of a Wagner wallpaper steamer tha I use every 2-3 weeks to remove the ice build up from the icemaker.

After reading 34 pages of complaints, I will copy all receipts and send with a letter to the Govenors Office of Consumer Affairs. I have no hope that Samsung will do anything. The replys by the Samsung moderators border on consecending, acting like this is all new.