JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Water Leaking Under the Crisper Drawers in Refrigerator

(Topic created: 09-13-2020 11:02 AM)
closetmaker
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There water leaking under the vegetable drawers in my French door refrigerator.

Going thru the posts there its seems to be a common problem.  My model is RF 28HFEDBSG/AA 

serial # <hidden>.    I have to towel up the water almost every day. Please help- I purchased all Samsung appliances about 3-4 years ago.  Thanks in advance

15 Replies
userulubzZD7L9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, 

I have a 3 yr old RF28HFEDBSR 3 door french door refregerator. We have noticed the leak and on inspection I noticed the ice build up under the deli drawer. I have cleaned up the ice few days back and but ice is back. It is rediculous that Samsung french door will have such an issue in 3 yrs.  Is there a way to fix this?

userjcg3VdQkS7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased the  whole suite of kitchen appliances to replace ones that were 20 years old.  After 5 years I've already replaced the microwave,  about to replace the dishwasher, and maybe this piece of trash refrigerator.   Every 3-4 days there is ice and water under the deli tray.  My kitchen floor is also ruined.  Never again will I purchase another samsung appliance! Any suggestions?  Any lawsuits, recalls anyone aware of?

uservVCPkJG3fi
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I have water accumulating under crisper trays. I serviced it twice and the problem continues. 

During the service - it was defrosted so that the ice was completely melted, the fan was changed, evaporator clip was replaced but still have the same problem. Please help with next steps.

0 Likes
userxyckg6VtNy
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, my refrigerator drain keeps freezing and filling the crisper drawers and bottom of fridge with water. I have been instructed by a technical service representative to defrost the fridge and use an E Saver on for 3 weeks and off for 2-3 days schedule to prevent this issue. The drain has frozen again. I really don't want to do this every couple months. Please help!

Thank you

0 Likes
userM5j4t9ayiu
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a model RFG297AARS refrigerator.  Water and/or ice was building up inside the fridge compartment under the crisper drawers.  I did some Googling on the problem and found this appears to be a common problem.  I bought and installed leakage kit DA82-01415A which consists of a longer heater clip, 2 new drain tubes and some foil-backed cardboard cutouts.  No instructions.  Installation was easy but could never figure out what the cardboard parts were for.  Can anyone advise?  Also, water keeps forming but perhaps at a slower rate.  Any further ideas what the problem is and how to fix?

userNrRXH83NA2
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have tried the fixes

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Water-Under-the-Crisper-Drawers/m-p/12883...

This is  Samsung! My frig is barely 2 years old and I see all the threads about this. I have always had refrigerators last a good 10-20 years! If this was a car, you would  have to recall the models and fix! Get it together.