Original topic:

Water Wall Dishwasher - 3 Beeps - Dishwasher Fails

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 06:05 PM)
Barry_NNJUS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a water wall dishwasher - out of warranty. At startup, the water vane travels along the arm and reaches home position but then there are three beeps and flashes and the dishwasher stops.

There are no apparent obstructions. I replaced the vane hall sensor because it was easy enough to do. I turned off the circuit breaker for ten minutes and then turned the system on and tried to run a wash. Those actions did not solve the problem. However, pestering the dishwasher by repeatedly manually changing the vane position and then continuing the cycle does eventually result in a successful start.

Could it be the vane magnet? Does the vane motor use an encoder that may have failed? It's there a timing threshold for vane motion?

Where can I find diagnostic guidance for the system? Does Samsung actually monitor this forum?

Thanks,

Barry

0 Likes
6 Replies
richardf
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
No this is a community site for community members to help each other, no they do not monitor this at all
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We're here!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi usersvVHfeClxx, which lights are you seeing blinking once the unit beeps?  That would let us know which error code is causing the issue.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Barry_NNJUS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hope this answer gets through - been having no success replying for days...

In addition to the three beeps, the light in the handle recess flashes three times and then goes back to steady "on."  The cycle repeats itself once or twice.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you provide the model of the dishwasher?

0 Likes
Barry_NNJUS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The model number is DW80J9945US/AA 02

S/N : <HIDDEN>   08.2016

Thanks.

0 Likes