cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Water and Crushed Ice Light stays on - Ice will not dispense

I have the Samsung Family Hub fridge with the ice/water dispenser and three doors. 

For some reason, all of a sudden the water and crushed ice lights are on and stay on and we cannot dispense ice. The ice maker works but no ice will come out.  I have reset the fridge (family hub) and the ice maker and the problem persists. I have unplugged the fridge and the problem persists. 

Anyone have any remedy for this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water and Crushed Ice Light stays on - Ice will not dispense

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may better look into this can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

The model number is:

RF265BEAESR/AA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you verify that the child lock light is not illuminated? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, i can confirm that the child lock is not illuminated. 

The only two lights illuminated  are the water and the crushed ice. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for verifying that information. This is something that is going to require service. Please send me a private message with the serial number of the fridge. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Highlighted
Constellation

Serial number has been sent via private message. Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same exact issue and Samsung said they'll send a technician and bill me for the repair. Imagine that, $3-4K fridge that didn't last. 

You spend money on premium products hoping they'll serve you well. Not on this one. Don't buy this specific fridge. Seems to be happening to a lot of customers. Their distributor in state mentioned they've had plenty of customer complaints about this issue, just so happens it happens when you're out of warranty. Let's get better Samsung