cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Water and ice panel not working(RF24R7201)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had this refrigerator about a month, model RF24R7201. This evening I went to get water and ice out of the dispenser, and noticed the blue selection light that notes whether it's ready to dispense water/cubes/crushed is not illuminated. I pressed in on the dispenser button and water still dispenses, but I'm unable to change it to dispense ice from the buttons on the outside.

If I open the doors and go to the settings, I can still manually select water or ice, so it seems like a problem with the panel on the outside rather than the dispenser or ice machine.

Any ideas? I unplugged it and plugged back in with no luck.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water and ice panel not working(RF24R7201)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number of the fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number of the fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a very similar problem.  The water/ice dispenser touch pad is illuminated but I can't change the setting, so now I can get only ice.  Lock/unlock only works through the large touchscreen interface.  Unplugged and plugged back in was a temporary fix, but the problem came right back.  Fridge purchased in Oct 2019.  RF265BEAESR/AA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear about your display not working. Can you please send me a private message with your model and serial number? Just click here to do so!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They came out for service and tried replacing the dispenser module on the outside of the door, but that did not work either.  The final solution was that they had to replace the entire door.  The technician said that he had seen it before and the wiring for the dispenser module is bad, but it is integrated into the door so the only solution is to completely replace the door.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has the door been replaced at this point?  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That makes sense for my issue. My "nightlight" flickers on my water dispenser and so does the small recabgukar selection light, but you can't change it from water to ice. Did you have to pay for the new door?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  How did you fix this problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I am currently having this issue as well. We purchased our fridge exactly a year ago. Sept 2019. Did you get this issue fixed?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userouL7KfOGoq      We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.