JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Water dispensing very slow with new filters, low water pressure

(Topic created: 12-14-2020 11:20 AM)
userb0uUwiTtwX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have owned model RF4287HARS for 7 years. We have never had a problem when replacing the filters. In September we replaced a used filter and notice the water has been dispensing at a very slow rate. When I removed the filter the water dispensed just fine. We did try 3 filters with the same result so I don't believe the filter itself is the problem. When doing research I noticed it could be the inlet valve in the back of the refrigerator. I am wondering if anyone had this issue and if replacing the valve was a fix. Or if you have other thoughts I welcome those as well. The valve replacement does not look too hard just a little time-consuming so I just want some opinions before I make that decision. 

Thank you in advance for your help

4 Replies
MaryCarolin
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
They talk Freely.
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your full model number of the water filter? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userb0uUwiTtwX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

DA29-00020B

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you tried the following? 

1. Remove the water filter and try again.

The water filter will always reduce water pressure slightly, but when it reduces water pressure by a significant amount, that means it's time for a new water filter.

Caution: Use only Samsung brand water filters.

2. Make sure the water line is in good condition.

If the water line is kinked, unkink it and check for holes or damage to the line.

• As long as the line is not damaged, further kinking in the same place can be prevented by wrapping duct tape around the kinked area.
    • If the line is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
  3. Increase the water pressure.

Open the home's water supply valve more fully in order to increase water pressure. If the home's water supply valve is already open all the way, the home's water pressure is too low.

The refrigerator requires water pressure of at least 30 psi. Most city water is around 60 psi, however filtering systems such as reverse osmosis can significantly reduce water pressure.

If the home has low water pressure, a booster pump may be needed to get the water pressure to the appropriate level. For further assistance, contact a plumber.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes