cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Water dripping from door ice dispenser from Ice maker - Model RF25HMEDBSG/AA

I see many have had issued with the Samsung French Door refridge's ice maker.  Mine is just 2 years old and about 4 months ago i noticed that when getting ice, a small amount of water that is building in the dispenser area comes out first, then the ice proceeds to come out.  When I took out the ice box to see if there was an issue, this was alot of frost in the ice box/ice maker.  With the water coming out of the dispenser area, it builds up the water catch area and then ultimiately down the front.  Then I am having to clean it daily.  

I have seen many fixes listed...from making the fridge not level to siliconing areas in the ice box area. Does anyone know if any of these fixes actually worked or if there is another solution that does.  It just seems odd that a $3k+ fridge has this issue.  I see there is some class action lawsuit, but I am just interested in trying to the stop dripping so I don't have to clean it every day.  Other than that, the ice maker works fine.

Any thoughts or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water dripping from door ice dispenser from Ice maker - Model RF25HMEDBSG/AA

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Water dripping from door ice dispenser from Ice maker - Model RF25HMEDBSG/AA

This was the first thing I noticed before my ice maker froze over completely. Hope yours doesn't end up like mine but if it does the short answer is the only fix is to shut your ice maker off for a few weeks to defrost and then turn back on and it will work until it starts doing it again and then repeat defrost again.