cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Waterwall not cleaning lower rack DW80J755OUG/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As others have noted with the Waterwall dishwasher, mine is a little over 2yrs. old and just stopped cleaning bottom rack. I believe the Waterwall on bottom of dishwasher is not moving. As suggested by others, I moved the Waterwall bar to see if it went back in place after cycle was done. It did not move back. Can I get a magnet to replace current one to see if it gets working again? Just to have someone come out and dianose is $100 and does not include parts or labor. Samsung, please advise. It appears this is a common problem with this machine.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waterwall not cleaning lower rack DW80J755OUG/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replacement parts can be purchased at www.samsungparts.com or call directly at 800-627-4368.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replacement parts can be purchased at www.samsungparts.com or call directly at 800-627-4368.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find the problem with your dishwasher? Mine is having the same issue. <hidden>

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First I tried the magnet suggestion, and that did not fix the problem (ordered the magnet online for about $15). I then paid a technician about $100 to come out and tell me it would cost about $600 to fix. My dishwasher was just 2 yrs. old--Samsung would do nothing. I went out and bought a Bosch instead which I like so much better. I couldn't see spending almost the price of a new dishwasher on repairing one which broke so quickly. Very disappointed in Samsung for not standing behind their product, since this appears to be a problem for many customers who have purchased the Waterwall dishwasher.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issue!

1. Where can I order this magnet and what part number do I need?

2. What exactly did your repair person say was the problem? Debating if I need to replace the motor to the waterwall arm or just try the magnet. Thanks so much for your assistance! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! I ordered part online from www.PartsDr.com. I don’t have part number since it was many months ago. The technician was going to charge almost $700 for parts and labor. Estimate was for pump and motor, sump, and drain pump. Hope that helps. I watched a utube video to replace the magnet, but it didn’t work.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i am confused. Is the solution to buy some random parts or to just go ahead and buy a Bosch diswasher? I thought there was a repair video but did not see that here. Still confused about what to do to fix the thing . . .

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did not do the repairs because it was almost as much as buying a new dishwasher. I did get the Bosch, and I like it so much better. It also had higher reliability ratings. If you can do the repairs yourself, then maybe it's worth a try, but with labor and parts the cost of repairing the Samsung was ridiculous.  The magnet may be a fix for some, but from what I have read online, it is usually a much more expensive fix that is involved. I wasted money on a repair call and the magnets. I hope this helps.

@userxLb1SMR14Q wrote:

So i am confused. Is the solution to buy some random parts or to just go ahead and buy a Bosch diswasher? I thought there was a repair video but did not see that here. Still confused about what to do to fix the thing . . .