cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKLBMvktygH
Astronaut

Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

anyone else having the issue of the waterwall vane not moving? I am unable to wash the bottom rack. model DW80J7550UG/AA
75 REPLIES 75
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

We would recommend repairs on the unit. You can message us the serial number here for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that info to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhNkzzolAyu
Constellation

I have a similar issue. I bought a full Suite of Samsung products from Home Depot when they were on sale as I was renovating my property. The dishwasher has been installed, the tape has been removed that held the bar in place, and the Wonderwall attachments snapped in and in the proper direction. However I get the feeling after the first few initial runs that the waterwall is not moving. I've set it on the 60 Minute cycle and after hearing water move around I have opened up the door periodically and the waterwall has not changed positions.

Black Hole

I am sorry to hear this. When was the unit installed?

Scottesh
Constellation

This is because the sensor on the cover nozel assembly is not picking up the magnet on the back of the motion assembly (grey piece water vane connects to). You either have a bad sensor or what Ihave found the magnet is just not strong enough. I put my meter on the black and brown wires on the back of the unit that goes to the sensor and will not pick up any voltage. but with a stronger magnet the sensor picks it up and activates the motor.

so to test I took the stronger tinner magnet and taped it under the motor vane assy on the grey carraige next to the existing magnet and the unit works just fine.

I see this as a issue with the magnet loosing its power and a stronger magnet needs to be put on. or the sensor shoud be more sensative to a lesser strength magnet.

Highlighted
user1HPl7dDdzZ
Constellation

WHat is the repair for this? I’m tired of not getting anything on the bottom clean

user6s5VxbuJei
Constellation

Hi us too...waterwall reflector thing no longer moving.  Bottom rack not getting clean for 5 or 6 weeks despite our best efforts.

The actual reflector is not snapping on either.  at least not that we can snap on.  it sits on the grey thing but that is all.

as soon as you turn it on, it does nothing but sit there.

Soooo frustrating.  We have already had a repair person out to fix it once and it is less than 1 year old.  Really getting annoyed.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user6s5VxbuJei Drop us a Private Message with the recent service ticket and we can look into this. https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

userQfUCh0Tnc9
Asteroid

This is happening to us too. 2 year old model DW80J7550US, water wall makes grinding noise, no error code, dishes on bottom rack don't get clean. Certified Samsung repairman came out and said nothing was wrong.

Where can we get a replacement / stronger magnet sensor to put on the water wall arm? 

<edited out>