cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

@userQfUCh0Tnc9

Would like to gather some more information. We definitely need to try some troubleshooting steps so we can try to isolate the issue better. I have attached some troubleshooting links below for your particular model. Was service set up through Samsung or extended warranty holder?  Please inform me of the outcome.

1. When does the grinding noise occur? 
    • Only during certain times of the wash?
  2. Dishes Are Not Clean
userQfUCh0Tnc9
Asteroid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6mXyvYUwM

Watch this video.  It's the magnet, just like an earlier commenter in this thread said.

Here's how I was able to restore functionality to my Samsung Dishwasher.
userQfUCh0Tnc9
Asteroid

Samsung needs to push this out as a service bulletin or something.  It's a relatively easy fix but the techs and repair folks seem completely ignorant of this.

I watched the repair guy who came out remove the vane assembly and poke all around for nearly an hour before telling me everything was fine.  He never mentioned the magnet, seemed to have no idea it was there.

user19x8iGzqlp
Constellation

Hi. Late to this post. Did you ever get this resolved. We are having a similar issue.  Bottom rack does not come clean. The arm seems to move but not sure if it’s doing it all the time or if water is coming thru.  Thanks for your time.

Charles138
Constellation

I replaced the magnet  on the waterwall arm.  It did not fix the problem. Appliance tech was going to replace the entire waterwall assembly.  The same assembly that moved and would rehome itself (that appeared to work properly).  I dont think that was the issue.  Labor, parts, and service call was $549.  No thanks, I purchased a new washing machine for $405 on sale.  I sold this unit on Facebook for $150.  I think the part that needed replacing was the homing sensor in the tub of the base.  About $150 on partsselect.com.

userV6IOjJP2Dg
Constellation

We have the same issue. We're at about 16 months and the lower waterwall isn't cleaning the bottom dishes. Just got off the phone with Samsung Canada and they said "tough luck, you're on your own"! 

I'll never buy a Samsung appliance ever again. They sell what is clearly a "defective product", then take zero responsability for their poorly designed expensive dishwasher.

"DON'T BUY A SAMSUNG DISWASHER" like this. It's a piece of junk! Save your money and spend it on a reasonably priced dishwasher that has better customer service!

chrispitude
Constellation

Same model (DW80J7550UG), 1.5 years old, Water Wall doesn't move for us either. We've actually had dishes not getting clean for a few months, but we only figured the problem out tonight.

Samsung, I'm out of the one-year warranty, but it seems like this is a common problem. Can we get some kind of recall-based repair for this issue?

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercqkhCMF1nq
Astronaut

Can you get just the magnet? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It's a little out of warranty, but I would like to take care of this for you.  Please provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.