cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

@ userrGx84lFCja Have you performed troubleshooting steps listed here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001927/

Charles138
Constellation

A continuous problem for this many customers out of warrenty.  This is my second appliance from the suite to fail.  Has anyone found a suitable replacement dishwasher that they enjoy?

userc42jdKfLNr
Constellation

Same issue here. Waterfall moves about 4 inches then stops. Installed in Feb of 2017, worked great until now.  Wife’s pretty upset, which makes me upset! 

Samsung, got any ideas?  Seems like lots of equipment with the same problem around the same time.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is there any error coming up when the unit tries to perform this action? 

userc42jdKfLNr
Constellation

No, no error code.  Just a water vane that seems like it’s trying to push itself through the front of the dishwasher.  Then it seems like it gets tired of trying and just starts washing the upper rack after about a minute.  When it begins the cycle, you can hear the drain pump kick in, the it tries to move the vane, to make the proximity  switch (unsuccessfully) for about a min or 2, then it begins the rest of the wash cycle.  

I have already checked for any obstructions, no dice, and the vane does move  forward and back, at times, but whenever it gives up trying to make the switch, that’s where the vane stays till the end of the cycle.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrIWPGQxC94
Constellation

Have the exact same problem with my dishwasher. No Noise, but water wall doesn't move. Second dishwasher. First on DOA. Not a Samsung fan at the moment. Have replace a high end double oven that never worked with a single oven under warranty. Now the single oven's display is scrambled. Not a Samsung fan at the moment. Great TV's. Appliances QC and Quality in general is awful.
Highlighted
Charles138
Constellation

My repair guy seemed honest. Said that all appliances these days are ****. Don't bother getting a samsung without a home warranty. This is the second appliance of the suite to fail. He gave me an estimate of $450. I just bought a new Samsung (sorry next homeowner) for $409 during a local appliance store sales event. I'll offer this $900 unit up on marketplace and wish them luck. Back story. I had no error codes. My water vain will cycle front then back to home at the start Then it wont move for the duration of the cycle. I believe it's the sensing unit on the bottom of the tub. Good riddance Samsung appliances... except fridges. My repair guy likes Samsung fridges.
userkvrk87v0e9
Constellation

My waterwall also is doing the same - simply not moving. Second major issue with this appliance - Drain pump last time. Of course out of warrantee. Thousand dollar plus dishwasher. What a terrible, terrible waste of money. At it's best it was a sub par dishwasher.

I'll never buy a Samsung product again.

user6cSVdPF3ON
Constellation

DW80M9960UG doing the same thing. 

No, no error code.  Just a water vane that seems like it’s trying to push itself through the front of the dishwasher.  Then it seems like it gets tired of trying and just starts washing the upper rack after about a minute.  When it begins the cycle, you can hear the drain pump kick in, the it tries to move the vane, to make the proximity  switch (unsuccessfully) for about a min or 2, then it begins the rest of the wash cycle.  No water spraying on bottom, and vane does not move during wash cycle. 

I have already checked for any obstructions, no dice, and the vane does move  forward and back, at times, but whenever it gives up trying to make the switch, that’s where the vane stays till the end of the cycle.