cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whitejb
Constellation

Weatherbug Sever Disconnected

For sometime now the Weatherbug app on my Samsung Fridge (RF28HMELBSR)  will not display the wether only date and time on the home screen. If I try to open the app it opens for few seconds then closes and displays the message "Server Disconnected Please connect a little later". I have checked my software version and it says it is the latest version (1.172). Is there a fix for this? There are so few apps that can be displayed on the home screen and this was one of the most useful, it is very disappointing it does not work.  

10 REPLIES 10
userqnPubFKJme
Constellation

Re: Weatherbug Sever Disconnected

I'm having the same problem on Samsung refrigerator.  It was the only app I really used.  Does anyone know the solution?

user6v9WPvElT7
Constellation

So apparently there is no answer. I know Samsung doesn't support the interface but it would be nice if an answer could be provided for those of us that gave them $2000+ for this refrigerator. 

userPAWcpv84IX
Constellation

I called Samsung and they wanted me to get in touch with Weather Bug.  I emailed Weather Bug and they sent me back a reply that my request has been forwarded to the correct department.  That was July 9, 2019.  Have not heard back yet from them yet.  I will let you know if something happens. 

userD7Bm7nE9Yh
Constellation

I have same model fridge and have the same problem. Have tried to reboot several times but to no avail. Called Samsung and they suggested contacting repair service.  Come on a Samsung. You can do better than this. 

usereoD8pzCC9K
Astronaut

I have the same problem with Every. Single. App. on my RF4289HARS refrigerator.  Google Calendar was the first to go, a few years ago.  Then Pandora.  Then Twitter.  Then Weatherbug.  A few weeks ago, AP News stopped connecting, and now the "Smart" Hub is absolutely useless.  Not a single app works anymore. 

Samsung said there is no available update, but the software has not had an update in years.

Anyone have any luck with any of this?

user7IoQqJOABT
Astronaut

Just dropping in to share the misery.

A year or so ago Pandora crapped out and long story short, I paid about $700 to have the CPU for the hub replaced after Samsung Support jerked me around for an hour on the phone playing with it.

Weather Bug subsequently went out and now AP News isn't working.  They were the only 2 that I use (Pandora is for my girlfriend, which is why I got it fixed in the first place).

From reading this forum, it looks like we're all effd or we need to buy a new CPU.  I plan to wait until Pandora goes (based on the above post, it inevitably will) and then I'll shell out some more money.

uservVnNzjC9yr
Constellation

Model RF28HMELBSR - same issues... pandora still works. the recipe app gone, does not even show up anymore, weather bug has not worked in months, and now on 8.22.19, AP gone... called samsung 7 times and no help other than call the app developer like i read above... my fridge is 3 years old, pretty sad that why we all paid extra money for the "smart refrigerator", now to find out it looks pretty dumb that now almost nothing works...

quelsplace
Asteroid

The EXACT same thing in the exact same order! Not acceptable at all! I think everyone here on this forum pretty much bought it to use the technology features and now the only two that work is Google calendar and Pandora. 

Highlighted
useroi4TwoDdD2
Constellation

I paid $6,000 for my 48"wide x 84" high Samsung refrigerator  RS27FDBTNSR. I have the same exact issue as all of you. What do you think the chances are I'm going to replace it with another Samsung when it craps out?