JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where can I find account number for refund?

(Topic created: 12-29-2022 03:54 PM)
sson
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung sent me a payment which I can deposit using the link. But when I click the link, they ask me to type my account number, last name and phone number. But I can't find my account number on Samsung webite. Can you tell me where I can find it? I called Samsung but they don't know where I can find it

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
HopieMc
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That is asking for your account number for your account at Citi Bank. If you do not have an account with that bank, you need to see if you can create one online (some banks allow you to do this with a small deposit via credit/debit card or money transfer from another bank account) , go to nearest citi Bank and open account, or inform Samsung you have no account with them.

View solution in context

13 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@sson "Samsung sent me a payment which I can deposit using the link."

This seems very suspect. Why did Samsung send you a payment? Normally they would just credit it back to your card or account that was used for purchase. 

sson
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I should've mentioned that I bought Samsung dishwasher and had a trouble with it. I talked to Samsung reps and they decided to give me a refund. But I bought it from Home Depot and I think that's why refund process is hassle
Phil Latella
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The person who said it is a scam is probably 100% right. you're not going to get money out of nowhere
0 Likes
majorcraft
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
No its directly from Samsung
0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That sounds like a SCAM don't ever click links claiming to give you money, when you never entered a contest etc. Samsung isn't just going to out if the blue give you money. Beware. I would recommend resetting you Samsung account password

Edit: also if Samsung support has never heard of what you talking about, that is a *clear* indication it's a scam
0 Likes
sson
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm sorry. I should've mentioned that they are giving me money back for the dishwasher I bought from Home Depot. It's really annoying that I can't find my account number anywhere
0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Ohhhhh my bad sorry lol i should've investigated more 😀

Are they asking for the home depot account or maybe your bank account?
0 Likes
sson
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
They don't specify a type of account number. I don't think it's bank account because I can choose payment preference on next page Screenshot_20221229_205656_Samsung Internet_1000003910_1672376216.jpg
Solution
HopieMc
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That is asking for your account number for your account at Citi Bank. If you do not have an account with that bank, you need to see if you can create one online (some banks allow you to do this with a small deposit via credit/debit card or money transfer from another bank account) , go to nearest citi Bank and open account, or inform Samsung you have no account with them.