cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Where is the photo screen saver?

I've had my Samsung refridgerator with Family Hub for a couple of years.  It seems like late last year the photo screen saver disappeared and has not come back.  I called support back in April, and they said it was coming back, but it never has.  That one feature was the one thing that really made the fridge "cool" and I recall that we had friends over (before COVID) and they almost always wound up in front of our fridge watching the photos go by.  I even learned how to add a memory stick so that I could add more photos than the limited memory on the fridge would allow.

After paying way more for a fridge than I ever thought I would, its incredibly disappointing to have lost this feature that "sold" me on the fridge long ago.  

Looks like this is not the first time that Samsung has done this with the Family Hub.  There is another thread floating around that identifies this exact same problem, but it was fixed once in 2018.

What the heck Samsung?  This is terrible customer service and really a "bait and switch" for those of us who fell in love with that feature. 

How do I get a photo screen saver back on my fridge?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Where is the photo screen saver?

I figured I'd call to ask support too, and I've now been in the call queue for 45 minutes with nobody picking up the phone.  There is just a voice that continually repeats:  Please stay on the line, we'll be with you.  We can also support you via text.  Just text "help" at 62913.

Egads, that's pounded into my head now.  Guess I'll text, because Samsung isn't answering.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try the following:

1. From the Home screen, touch Settings.
  2. Touch Display.
  3. Touch Screen saver.
  4. Touch Duration to change how long the screensaver will display on Family Hub before it goes to sleep.
  5. Choose the desired wait time.
    • For this example, choose 2 minutes.
  6. Touch Done.
  7. To change the screen saver, touch Theme.
  8. Select the screen saver you want.
  9. Touch Done.
  10. To view your screen saver, touch Home and then wait for the screen saver to start

For additional information about your screen and screen saver take a look at the links below Smiley Happy

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083882/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062804/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for the reply.

There is no "Screen saver" setting in "Display" on my fridge in Family Hub.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello?  Over a month gone by.  I found the thumb drive that had the 600+ photos that used to rotate on the screen of my fridge.  It's been over a year since Samsung took back the photo screen saver option.  When is that coming back?