cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Where is the refrigerator damper?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an RF28HFEDBSR french door refrigerator. The freezer is cooling fine, but the refrig stays on the border of the spoilage temperature zone and won't go colder. I replaced the evaporator fan, which didn't have any effect and I now want to check the damper to see if it's functioning properly between the freezer and refrig sections. I can't find a schematic that shows the location of the damper -- can anyone help? TIA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Where is the refrigerator damper?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your refrigerator uses a dual-tower cooling system. The refrigerator and freezer have their own evaporator/heat exchanger and circulation systems, so there is no damper between the compartments. If the evaporator fan is running correctly, and the vents and evaporator coil are free of obstructions, the unit will need to be diagnosed by a certified technician.

If you will send the serial number to this PM Link, I will be happy to explore the available service options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your refrigerator uses a dual-tower cooling system. The refrigerator and freezer have their own evaporator/heat exchanger and circulation systems, so there is no damper between the compartments. If the evaporator fan is running correctly, and the vents and evaporator coil are free of obstructions, the unit will need to be diagnosed by a certified technician.

If you will send the serial number to this PM Link, I will be happy to explore the available service options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate your getting back to me -- the dual system is not at all what I was expecting, so that's very helpful. Is it possible to get a schematic or diagram of the unit? Thanks in advance.