JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wine Refrigerator Lower Zone Temperature Fluctuation

(Topic created: 07-21-2021 12:34 PM)
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 51 bottle dual zone wine refrigerator that the lower zone seems to vary widely.   I have it set to 59 degrees yet it is not at 59 degree very often.  It is usually between 53 - 57 degrees.   The top zone which is set at 49 degrees seems to stay there pretty consistently.   Is this normal or is something wrong with the lower zone?

Model Number : RW51TS338SR/AA

0 Likes
11 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand this can be frustrating. Please unplug the unit for 2 minutes to allow the controller to reset, then reconnect it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
That fixed it. Thanks
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Great! We're glad to hear it.

0 Likes
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It is now back not working correctly again. Even reset again and not correcting
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will be happy to have this serviced for you. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Lou the model is RW51TS338SR serial <HIDDEN>. I just had a Samsung technician leave my house and after he spoke with support was told the temp fluctuation of 5 to 6 degrees is normal and it is not broken. I find that hard to believe that you would want to put your good wine in a frig and have it fluctuating that much. The idea of a good wine refrigerator is to hold a constant temp for your wine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am about to just return this and go with another brand.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh I am so sorry for the issue you have been having. It appears the service center has stated the unit does not have a defect. If you are interested we can look into alternate service centers within the area for a second opinion. Please let me know how I can be of any assistance at this time. 

0 Likes
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I am going to return and the repair guy seemed to not know much about thisbl refrigerator and he called tech support so having another guy come out who will just call tech support and get the same answer seems like a waste of time. Thanks for your assistance.
0 Likes
mnolo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
In your opinion is this broken and service should be able to fix or Samsumg send me another refrigerator. I am willing to have it fixed if you think a skilled service technician can fix it. If he can't shouldn't samsung replace under warranty. It is less than 60 days old and came out of the box this way.
0 Likes