cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

bounce-back on refrigerator door

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.  While I'm not a new Samsung refrigerator owner, I am new to this forum.  We've encountered a frustrating problem and do not know how to remedy the situation.  Our right door (the 'fridge) does not seal when you push the door closed; it bounces back open and you need to make an effort to remember to bump it closed a second time.   These are gentle pushes, not slams. The freezer door is not affected.  After one of the grandchildren gets in the 'fridge for a fruit box or string cheese, I need to remind them to check the door/give it a second push to make sure it is definitely closed.  The refrigerator is not level; it has been set to slant back to help facilitate closing.  The seal is actually okay as it does close tightly after the bounce-back.  It's just aggravating to have to deal with it.  Can anyone help with this problem? I'm afraid that food will spoil if the temp gets up in the 50 degree range, when it's left open by one of the grandkids and I'm not there to remind to make a double-check on the door sealing (I've discovered this up to an hour after a child opened it). Please help! Thanks in advance. Betsy Ettensohn

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: bounce-back on refrigerator door

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell me if the wheels on the front are touching the ground? Generally you do not want the wheels touching at all, you honestly want them as high off the ground as possible. You also want to be sure the doors themselves are level/equal.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell me if the wheels on the front are touching the ground? Generally you do not want the wheels touching at all, you honestly want them as high off the ground as possible. You also want to be sure the doors themselves are level/equal.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.  I asked my husband about the wheels and he said that yes, they are touching the floor. They are exactly how the 'fridge was installed (by the store delivery men) several years ago.  We hadn't had any problem with the door until the past few weeks, so I don't blame the wheels. Also, the doors are level and equal,  so I don't think that could be the issue either.  It's a mystery!

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had problems with my regrigerator door if it is too heavy (different brand) but if there is heavy stuff or too many bottles of dressing and such, the door is weighted open. Just a thought. 

✨KLHN1986 REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR (ELITE)✨
☆ If you like my answers, I would love stars☆

The rank of contributor is a rank assigned
to community members that have been recognized for
sharing high quality answers and material to the Samsung+ Community.
Contributors do not formally represent Samsung
usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.  I don't believe that weight on the door is the issue because I've had the same bottles/jars, etc. on the door for years, and nothing has changed, as this is a recent issue (in the past 3 weeks), but I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try removing half of the things that are in the door to see if it makes a difference. If it makes no difference, then the weight is not the issue. 

usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! Good idea!

userlkvuu2RQ12
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get your problem fixed? We bought a french door refrigerator and both doors do that, only we have to slam it to get it past the "cam"? to get them shut.  It rattles everything in the door. Done it since it was new.  only had it  maybe 9 months.

usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow...sorry about your new fridge.  My fridge still bounces back all these months later.  With ours, though, you do NOT want to slam it....the gentler the push the better.  I just had to teach the grandchildren to close the door with purpose, NOT just pushing it shut then walking away from it.  I miss my old/previous fridge, which had magnets in the center [vertical] partition; it closed without fail every time.  Why did manufacturers ever change that?

usermWHlIPhfFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

P.S. to my other comment ....About your french doors refrigerator with the bounceback door....why haven't you returned/exchanged it before now?  Especially since it has done it from the start; 9 months is a long time to put up with that on a brand new fridge! It should have been replaced before now, I think.