JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

dishwasher dw80k7050us started toggling power on and off by itself

(Topic created on: 10/12/20 6:01 AM)
user3TKXgAFvJF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My samsung dishwasher dw80k7050us started toggling power on and off by itself.  After maybe 20 minutes, it stopped.  It started again toggling.  And now it's stopped and I can't power it on.  Any thought of what is going on?!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Try the troubleshooting steps :)

If your dishwasher turns on with the Power button, but won't start when you touch Start, see our article for Dishwasher doesn't start or fill with water.

1. Touch Power on the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has a Power button that has to be pressed before a cycle can be selected or started. Also, if your hands are wet or soapy, it may not recognize that it has been touched. Make sure your hands are dry when you touch the buttons on the control panel.

The Power button should be clean as well. If it's dirty or covered in grime, gently wipe it clean with a soft damp cloth, and try again.

2. Check the circuit breaker.

Check the circuit breaker for any tripped circuits. If you see one, flip the circuit all the way off and back on again. If it continues to trip, contact an electrician to diagnose the issue.

3. Check the switch near the dishwasher.

Most newer homes have a switch (like a light switch) on the wall in the kitchen near the dishwasher. This switch turns the power on and off for the dishwasher. If your home has this switch, verify it is in the on position.

4. Request service.

If the dishwasher still doesn't turn on, visit the Support Center to request service or send a private message to any of the moderators with your full model and serial number :)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

user3TKXgAFvJF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The Power is still turning on/off by itself just like the button is stucked.  Unable to push any other button.  dw80k7050us/ac 02.  The control panel is dry and clean and my hand too.  Breaker is ok.  No other switch.  
Note: After few minutes of toggling, it shuts down for a while and I'm unable to power it on manually.  I'm also hearing a kind of "click" when it toggles...

0 Likes