Original topic:

door won't stay open on 4 door flex

(Topic created: a month ago)
RaeK0054
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

XPO logistics delivered our refrigerator on 7/7/21 but set it up and leveled it on the wheels, not the legs. The left upper door c/t the water pitcher won't stay open at any point without being held by hand. I tried talking to Samsung on Facebook messenger but they just gave me the install instructions from the manual. I am a senior with cancer and cannot fix it. Someone should come out and install it correctly.

23 **bleep**. ft. Smart Counter Depth 4-Door Flex™ refrigerator with AutoFill Water Pitcher and Dual Ice Maker in Stainless Steel MODEL NUMBER: RF23A9071SR/AASERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN>

6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand how this may be frustrating so that I may further help you was this purchased through Samsung? Also, have you tried calling the delivery team that installed the fridge, they should be able to come back and reinstall the fridge for you if you did purchase installation when purchasing the fridge. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userfSzytHMLNP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have the same problem. The beverage side will not stay open. When I turn around after I open it, and try and put something in with 2 hands it closes on me. Very frustrating. Looks like a common thing I see while researching how to fix it. You think for the price we paid it would open and stay open and even close on command lol.
0 Likes
user3SKLrMFyXe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem. The fridge is level. The fridge was installed properly. The right side stays open, the upper left does not. Should I raise the rear of the fridge to see if it will help it stay open?

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, user3SKLrMFyXe,  I apologize for any frustration this has caused and if your doors do not stay open and you would like them to, you can raise the legs *at your discretion* in front for it to slant backward slightly. I have located some additional information here Level Refrigerator to assist if you have any further questions. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3SKLrMFyXe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you. However, this seems backwards to me. If I raise the front slightly won't gravity cause the doors to close even easier? I was thinking the opposite/raise the rear to help the doors stay open.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yeah that's understandable however when you level the refrigerator it is designed to be leveled and square from front to back which is why we recommend adjusting it by raising the front legs slightly as you desire. Regrettably, gravity will not have a factor when it is designed to operate leveled (front to back tilt).  

0 Likes